No lights on aircraft ground traffic

Strangely the lights appeared to be working after the SU11 update. After a few days and no sim updates as I’m opted out to the beta it’s broken again. Did anyone else experience this?

FS traffic also does not have aircraft lighting while in cruise, only way to see them at night is tcas

This thread is for the stock aircraft traffic, not third party liveries or models.

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post merged into this topic.

Since the simulator was launched, I have observed a problem with the navigation lights of the AI planes, during the flight phases they are on, but while the planes are on the ground they are always turned off (although the red and green reflection appears on the ground) Yesterday afternoon there was a problem with the Microsoft servers and when starting flight simulator I performed a profile reset. Just then I managed to start FS and when activating the AI traffic, the navigation lights were there, on during all phases of flight. What happened?

1 Like

What do you mean by a Profile reset? I’m trying to find a workaround for no lights on traffic on the Xbox

Actually to expand and add some detail. Currently on Xbox, I have no lights at all on traffic. I have done two complete reinstalls of the game. Both times the lights are fixed by the install, however after a week or so the lights then vanish again and I cannot get them to come back without uninstalling the game.

Th

For clarification this is a completely separate issue to the ones provided here. This issue applies to the light source effect which often does not show whilst aircraft are on the ground. This applies to all aircraft including third party and stock aircraft.

MODERATOR EDIT: This post merged into this topic.

Currently on my Xbox Series X there is an issue with air traffic (AI or Live) were they do not have any external lights when flying (there is a separate topic covering a similar issue on the ground).

This makes them almost impossible to spot in the air, especially at night, and is a real immersion breaker

I have noted that if I do a clean re-install of the sim then the lights begin to work again, however after about a week they cease to work (they just suddenly stop appearing at the start of a flight). I have done full re-installs of the sim twice, both with the same result, i.e. lights work for a fed days, then vanish. I can’t do it again as at about 400GB with all the addons it just takes too long.

There seems to be no correlation with the lights stopping working, and any installs of planes/addons etc, for example this time when they stopped working there had been no installs/updates via the content manager since the previous flight when the lights were working correctly.

I have opted into the SU12 beta in the hopes that this would rectify the issue but it does not, there are no external lights on traffic in SU12 Beta either.

I have tried changing various settings in the sim, and cleared the rolling cache but haven’t found a concrete change I can make other than reinstalling that will bring the lights back (albeit for a short time only).

I have heard anecdotal evidence that this doesn’t affect all Xbox users but for me it is an ongoing issue that I would like to see resolved.

Okay so my topic got merged into this thread by a mod, despite being told when I posted in this thread originally that my issue was not the same issue as this topic?

we need a fix

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

No lights on AI traffic after touchdown

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Make sure you have “Skip pre-flight cinematics” to OFF. They will then work…silly bug

1 Like

I Agree with you completely. Also, it looks unrealistic at night at the airports when the aircraft’s stands at the gate completely dark with NO nav or logo lights on… I hope that they turn on exterior lights when parked at the airports soon… I pray!!

This workaround doesn’t work on the XBox

No matter what you set this setting to there are no lights on any AI traffic, on the ground or flying

So I’ve been away from the sim for about a year, and I can’t believe this ridiculous bug still exists!

For a sim that looks so beautiful at night, it’s crazy that you can’t see aircraft on the ground because their lights aren’t on, only when they’re in the air.

I think I totally missed the supposed fix listed above:

but this worked for me! My airports are now alive at night! Can’t believe I didn’t try this sooner :frowning:

***Edit: So actually the above fix only seems to work at the origin airport. I just did a flight from Hong Kong and there I had the nav and beacon lights working on the ground. 3.5 hours later I arrive at Tokyo Haneda, and alas no beacons or nav lights are working on the ground again. ***

I just tried exiting the flight, going to the main menu and then going back to Haneda, and again the lights are showing on the ground. So annoying that they seem to “switch off” after a certain amount of time, and only come back after going into the main menu (which of course you can’t do when in-flight).

EDIT: STILL not fixed in SU13 :rage:

1 Like

No fix on SU12, AAU, AAU2 and SU13

The bug had its one year anniversary and continues its journey to the palace of stupid bugs that could be fixed with the least amount of good will but never are fixed

1 Like

I got no ai aircraft Nav lights on the ground . Grrrr I’m
Frustrated with these Sim updates that break things

1 Like

Exactly - I can hardly think it would take much to fix at all, but the problem is getting the visibility of the bug raised. Not many people experience it so it’s not seen as much of a priority.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Na

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Na

1 Like