No live weather at all (February 2023)

That happened to me yesterday on a flight from KBOS to KCLT. Surface winds, temperature and pressure were correct, as were the winds aloft at FL360 (which come from the MeteoBlue model, not METAR).

But, not a cloud in the sky for the entire flight. It was clear and sunny leaving Boston, but when landing at Charlotte, there was very low surface visibility in fog. I was not able to see the landing runway until almost the last second on the ILS approach. That did not correspond to the KCLT METAR which had visibility at 10 miles.

1 Like

Following the latest SU (end of Jan 2023) I noticed the live weather (and the METAR) resets to an old date (26th Jan).

Loading into the sim, initially the METAR shows the actual weather (current) but 10-15 seconds later it resets to an old date (always 26th Jan). The in-sim weather appears wrong compared with the actual, it rather matches what the METAR was for the date it resets. Same occurs with different aircraft and on different airfields. Quite an annoying issue.

Google search comes up with somewhat similar issue reported by users back in 2022 who had a weather/time resetting, after a CTD while playing in a group with friends. My issue is different though, I have not flown with friends nor been part of a group. The time in sim is actual (it does not reset), only the METAR resets, affecting the live weather.

Any ideas how to solve the issue?

Hello,

did my check and no problems at my side, if I open METAR window at my position, all is correct and after while same. Question, is your in sim options Online data ok? All set ON as expected/required?

Yep, I did all the checks, including resetting various weather and data related MSFS options on/off. Same result. By the way just found a thread describing a similar issue in the avsim forum. It appears other users have had METAR related problems over the weekend meaning culprit (hopefuly) is somewhere at Asobo’s end
 Will double check today if live weather is back to normal.

Hey all, have had the same issues for the last couple of days. Also was part of the beta for AAU1 and this was never a problem, don’t think this would of been the issue, just a coincidence that the update launched and weather went offline.

Had a few issues this morning / afternoon trying to get into the game though, as i have had syncing issues, so hopefully a fix is on the way. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s said that all weekend.

1 Like

The only way is that asobo & microsoft prioritize this issue over vanish ressources to develop tons of new fancy stuff.

I also have this issue and have been for a few days now. I have tried everything including, uninstalled MSFS, reinstalled and still no fix. I have checked all my online data settings, turned that off reset sim, turned back on reset sim but nothing.
I have also turned off the IPV6 router setting and still nothing. I’m out of ideas now and very frustrated.

The METAR at all airports are stuck on another date, normally about +48hrs from the current time. It will not update to the current date/time, and no clouds or rain. Winds, pressure however do load ok.

I loaded up in MIA and there was TS but nothing visible
no rain, no clouds
etc

In the end i just bought REX for MSFS and that works fine, That loads weather, rain, clouds
etc but still nothing if i use Live Weather in MSFS.

Very disappointed that with the number of people having this issue its doesn’t seem to be of high importance for any one to fix.

5 Likes

Within 1 minute standing at the gates at Glasgow International Airport it changed from clear skies to this. I have no idea if this is correct, or from a couple of days ago??

Series X

Guys, don’t uninstall/reinstall your SIM! The problem is not on our side, but on the side of Asobo/MS!

7 Likes

Open the weather panel and click on METAR. Then you will be able to see from the metar the date

After the ICAO is the first 2 characters
Mine says 25 , from 25/1

3 Likes

I’m having this problem too. Series X, Western European server.

Which version of Windows operating system are you running? Which version gaming services?

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1194

Microsoft.GamingServices_8.71.12001.0
Microsoft.GamingApp_2301.1001.5.0
Microsoft.XboxApp_48.89.25001.0
Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay_1.54.4001.0
Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_5.822.11281.0

Does anyone know if any dev in Asobo and/or Microsoft has fired up MSFS themselves this morning or over the weekend and been able to repllcate the issue so many of us are having? Even this would be good to know, because as things stand, all we’ve got is that they’re monitoring this forum post. And for all we know, they might not even believe us?

4 Likes

Welp, I guess we can set aside the fantasy that Asobo just needed to show up for work on Monday and reboot this and reset that. This is starting to feel a bit like the beginning of the last time there was a long outage of live weather with the temp going crazy thing. Would love some sort of update, even if it’s an acknowledgement that the issue is probably a doozy that will take days/weeks to fix.

3 Likes

It is simply hard to believe we have gotten no communication about this from Asobo. This is obviously an issue affecting many, many (if not the majority of) users. You would think they would at least say something
 anything beyond they are monitoring posts. Heck we are all monitoring posts.

9 Likes

Meteoblue had an outage on Feb 2 
 which I think is when most of us started noticing Live Weather wasn’t working 
 but it doesn’t explain why it’s been off or rendomly jumping from season to season for many days.

http://status.meteoblue.com

Also 
 bad that the meteoblue status page doesn’t even use SSL.

1 Like

The communication would come from Microsoft based on operating hours in Pacific time zone. I’m sure they will respond once they also know more.

2 Likes

This problem has existed for six months

For me, nothing to do with AAU1.

2 Likes

Had a glimmer of hope when I fired up MSFS to check if the issue was fixed this morning - got accurate clouds/weather in the Seattle area. Shut down, restarted the sim, spawned back to the same airport and got clear skies and unlimited viz

:frowning:

1 Like