No live weather at all (February 2023)

I started a flight today and at first there were the correct Wind, Temp and QNH readings according to METAR but no clouds whatsoever . 15mins passed and first clouds appeared. (auto metar refresh)

The sim is showing different METARs but providing actual wind, temp and qnh data

METAR on startup was from 25th of January with no clouds reported, after refresh it was from 1st of February with some broken clouds.

So i guess the sim takes clouds from METAR readings but actual data like QNH wind,temp from a server.

This is have to do something with the AAU1 update with the working title.
Only planes from the update is have no clouds visible, but not the 3-rd party ones

No it does not. No such problem existed during the beta, and I have not yet used any of the updated planes in the flights that showed no weather.

Unfortunately this had no effect on my sim, I updated the services, reset the online services in MSFS and still no clouds. I still have the METAR from the 25th of January.

obraz

3 Likes

No as this weather issue is on all aircraft!

2 Likes

I just want to highlight, that before this major live weather outage, there was an issue with the METAR beeing stuck on a specific date (e.g.: 25th of January) and only for people that had internet access from GREECE. Only workaround to see live weather was to use VPN or a service like Warp. This is happening now a second time, as this was the case also some months ago. Live weather was working fine for all, except for people connecting from Greece. At some point this was solved then shortly after i created a zendesk ticket. There never was an reply to explain if the root cause was actually the sim, or the weather api at meteo blue or if it had to do with all ISP’s in Greece (DNS issues?)

I have the feeling, that this is not visible now, chances are high, that if you restore the live weather in general, that it still will not work for Greece. This would mean more waiting until people from greece (i saw some complaints also from Poland) can use them sim. Let me remember that effectively this means that a simmer cannot fly online and with real weather since 25th of January.

8 Likes

Same issue here. This is a disaster :frowning:

1 Like

Well, today QNH has beging to respond after 3 days stucked in 1013 hpa. I had winds and temperature, but no clouds and no QNH. Today QNH readings are according to what I can read in metar-taf.com. But clouds are still disapeared. No clouds at all, except a weird fog that not correspond to what METAR says. This morning I flew from Gatwick to Verona (EGKK-LIPX). METAR said “visibility +10000” in Verona, but the airport was covered by an impenetrable fog in the simulator. It also said “overcast at 4000”, but I have seen no clouds at all. And, of course, there was no snow in the Alps.
Using Europe North server.

1 Like

Flying to Portland this morning, for most of the route the METAR in the Longitude was reporting 01/Feb/23 - by the time I was 50Nm out it updated as 5500ft broken - not a cloud in the sky.

G

Important news:

it looks to me that weather service (clouds,
) is completely down now, QNH, wind are ok. No 15 min refresh to me now. I’ve discovered inside one other Topic disconnection inside my sim at that time, time stamp is there in some weather discussion UTC??? I think from this disconnect message is weather down as clouds service, my opinion and my situation actual.

3 Likes

Has anyone successfully sorted this out? I never had a problem with live weather until about a few days ago after no problems since the game launched.

For me its not even loading the correct winds or pressures, let alone cloud coverage. The IPv6 disabling option did not work me.

1 Like

I’m hopeful that Asobo will provide some response tomorrow as to what’s up. Even if they still don’t know, a simple message stating they’re still looking for the issue, or they believe they’ve found the issue followed by some sort of timeline for a following update.

2 Likes

I’m afraid not,

due many different users time start problems, also Game services different time install??? I don’t understand why weather doesn’t start with flight start but after 15min. Looks like they injected some system and monitor now reports, they know exactly looks like but connection problems are huge now and different to countries

Simply clear from one Topic that this exactly problem started month ago already to many users and no to all, my problem started this Saturday morning with new update of game service and after that I have problems. Many other users have already installed this Update 2 weeks ago as example???

This is that problem,

users have different problems with same version. I have no problems but must wait 15 min after flight start and then weather refreshed. If I want fly I can’t click in tool bar Live weather switch to off because after back to on all was disappeared and I need wait 15 min again for weather refresh.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

NOT LIVE WEATHER
 I GUESS FROM FRIDAY 3 FEBRUARY OR FROM LAST MANDATORY UPDATE MSF2020 LAST WEEK 
 CLEAR SKIES ALTHOUGH THE METAR ON LEBL SAYS OVERCAST

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

i have the issue where msfs is loading yesterdays metar and not today , amazing

I have no clouds in live weather is the live weather engine down?

no clouds for me too. tried few european arpts. qnh and temps are ok

1 Like

I don’t have them either in the USA.

1 Like

Investigation is in progress: Online Services Monitoring