No live weather at all (February 2023)

I won’t fly until it’s fixed

8 Likes

I managed to do a flight last night where the injected weather was correct but the METAR was out-of-date junk.

Today, METAR is correct but no injected weather.

No flying today.

4 Likes

11:13Z - loc SE Devon, UK - cloud cover isn’t matching the Meteoblue aviation cloud map, which is where I assume it’s getting it’s data.

Here’s me outside my place looking at where my plane would be -

The Meteoblue aviation cloud map has clear skies here too, and for quite a few miles around, then there’s a band of cloud ( covering both airports ) and then it’s clear again. In game it’s blanket to the north coast.

And here’s the view from the plane -

There’s 0ft to about 2500ft blanket cloud over the whole area - the two local METAR airfields are reporting 0ft freezing fog which matches on Meteoblue, but there are huge areas with no cloud ( including where I am right now ) which are also blanket cloud in game - it’s been clear skies where I am all night too so this isn’t even historic info.

1 Like

Please any fix to this? Live weather is on. Departure in winter area, but without snow. Clicked live weather off, then on and hurray, snow!

1 Like

It only works when connected through a VPN but that is a hit or miss. I have to connect to different regions right now I am connected to Japan region and I am getting clouds.

2 Likes

Seems like I have some Good News here.
Few hours ago I loaded on the apron and of course no clouds on the sky. But when I checked the METAR it was showing correctly this time, so I decided to wait a couple of minutes, made myself a coffee and some snacks, and when I came back I would be able to see this picture!
Maybe they are started to work and figure out the problem… hopefully we will have a proper working sim this weekend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hmmmm better and better :slight_smile:

now after flight start - 2min and refresh. All data correct.

WORKIIIIING! Very good!!! Now right after start of flight :slight_smile:

Ok will wait maybe for soon note about situation and do some tests now, good work with remedy this time :wink:

1 Like

Again tried a bunch of airports this morning and it’s a mix of working perfectly, no clouds on load but ok 5-10 minutes later, and no clouds at all. Easy to have good luck and fool yourself into thinking they fixed it unless you test 5-10 airports.

1 Like

Yes, i am fully with you.
I am absolutely fine with the Clouds and Weather from MSFS.
Only speaking for me i dont need any other Clouds or weather.

Just wait until Asobo has fixed the online live Weather

1 Like

As others have reported, the in-game METAR report is now showing the correct date and time, and temperature, wind, pressure and visibility seem to match - but still no clouds no matter how long I wait.

But what kind of snacks?

2 Likes

Just loaded in and everything is fine clouds showing, metar is correct etc…

3 Likes

Fully working now for me. Both METAR and clouds.

3 Likes

On initial spawn in over Moffat in the UK, I had no clouds whatsoever. By the time I had engaged slew mode to go to the ground clouds appeared. It looks like we have live weather back!

I’m in the UK by the way.

On xbox west Europe server no any clouds at all tried many airport but nothing I can’t use vpn on xbox. Of course for them is second option the xbox and I understand that but anyway. The only that I did is to change dns at my router but still nothing i will wait until repair they repair it.

Can confirm live weather working for me as well - located in Czechia. Tried LKMT, EPKK and EDDP, all is well.

@CooganBear
Have you tried comparing it to something else, like wind? Because the METAR for KJFK only shows upper-level clouds, altocumulus and cirrus/cirrostratus, MSFS at this time can’t properly show those.

Not working.
This is KJFK (New York). Live Weather On. No clouds and no snow.

EDIT: Restarted PC per Hester40MT. Still do not have Live weather. No clouds. No Snow. :thinking:

EDIT 2: As of 12:30pm EST, things appear to be working well. Have snow and clouds.

3 Likes

@CooganBear,
Can you exit MSFS and restart your PC for another test? (if you haven’t already!) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does start to work, correct metar and cloud rendering, finally got my comfy a320 seat :flight_departure:

Hello folks,

I’ve been informed that Asobo has applied a fix to Live Weather, and from several comments above, it appears to have resulted in some positive outcomes. We are continuing to monitor the situation, and Asobo’s QA team is making sure the fix fully resolved the issue and isn’t just a temporary solution. You may need to restart MSFS to see Live Weather properly.

Please continue submitting your reports of Live Weather working or not working properly until we are confident the issue is fully resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we worked to a solution.

MSFS Team

29 Likes