No live weather at all (February 2023)

We have a little progress :slight_smile: METAR shows current data, still no clouds, but it means that they are working on the problem :slight_smile:

obraz

After several days absence of clouds, I now have clouds and correct metar. I hope this lastsā€¦but so far, it is good at this timeā€¦

1 Like

uuuuuuuuf

waiting now quite long time at El-Prat Barcelona and - NOTHING! No refresh of weather with me as previously. eeeeeehm what is different to previous situation? I didnā€™t start TBM and waiting to rain (now reported) with opened TBM doors. eeeeeeeehmā€¦

ooooh now refresh to rain eeeeehm I donā€™t knowā€¦

Ok, did restart flight again to El-Prat and no weather with flight start, ok will try wait for refresh if it will be different to previous situation.

And now after 3min?? refresh, first more quick with these days!

1 Like

I do confirm correct METAR is now shown immediately after loading which is progress

Based on what happened yesterday, if weā€™re getting an update (even just a ā€œstill working on itā€) itā€™ll happen around 17z give or take an hour.

It is not unusable and the sim is not useless!

What stops you from using a preset or building your custom weather? Nothing.
You just donā€™t want to.
But that is your problem, it does not render the sim usesless.
Just useless to YOU.

Different people want different things from the sim. If you want live weather because you want complex weather systems, then a static weather config that is the same wherever you fly isnā€™t going to cut it.

11 Likes

Sounds like someoneā€™s afraid of a little crosswind.

3 Likes

I agree, for some people live/real weather generation is a big part of the product. If this part is broken, the product doesnā€˜t provide what it should for me to get what I want out of my hobby. Itā€˜s not ā€žunusableā€œ no, but the line you draw at which point you canā€˜t enjoy it, may be different for everyone. The product currently doesnā€˜t work as it should, period.

11 Likes

Weather is one of the most significant factors in real world operations. So a ā€˜seriousā€™ simmer likes to have real world weather during the whole flight.

19 Likes

Report from Greece:
METARs current this morning, but still no clouds.
Connecting through VPN (Netherlands IP) clouds/rain/snow appear after 1min.
Clouds and METARS remained correct during an 1 hour flight.

Is it a slight improvement or because of light server load? (Europe working hours, Amerikas sleeping)

1 Like

Connecting from Greece, Athens, on LGAV , temperature and visibility is correct but no clouds.
My report for today.

1 Like

This the reason why 3rd party should have full access to weather API. We would have a backup source of weather.

16 Likes

Hmmā€¦ 2 tests ā€¦ on crete and flesland ā€¦ after some (5?) Minutes ā€¦ Clouds, Weather (Rain) was genereatedā€¦

Looks good ā€¦

I can confirm, Live Weather is back on again with correct metar in Greece BUT no clouds. Clouds injected only with VPN.

where do you connect the vpn to?

an update has just fallen with the iInstallation of an essential pack by leaving the simulator

Can confirm.

REX

Yep
How to fix live weather [Workaround] - Community Support / Tech Support - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I dont see anything in Windows Store.

1 Like

Seems to work fine for me, I have a VPN Iā€™m flying over the ocean Atlantic