No live weather at all (February 2023)

No live weather in Jackson, MS area (USA) at 2:57z 2/9/2023 (should be very low weather with thunderstorms).

here’s KJAN a minute ago:

So after working yesterday for the first time in 5 days its not working again today…!!! Back to REX for the time being

Flying KDEN-KPSP live weather again loaded temp, wind and pressure but no clouds

Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket tonight. Ah, but it’s more fun flying!

Here’s what I get at KJAN about 30 mins later. The current Metar at the Aviation Weather Center is:
Data at: 0333 UTC 09 Feb 2023

KJAN 090330Z 18009KT 1 3/4SM R16L/4500VP6000FT RA BR SCT029 BKN046 OVC075 19/18 A2998 RMK AO2 LTG DSNT ALQDS CB DSNT ALQDS P0006 T01940183

Here’s a screenshot:

Oh well, things have reverted back again. No snow where snow should be, clear skies, etc. It was fun while it lasted!

3 Likes

So what we’ve learned from all this is that Microsoft is having issues with their… cloud services? In all seriousness, it’s obvious Azure is still having issues somewhere. ATC voices are coming and going, which is a dead giveaway that Azure is borked. Kind of a shame all around. Hopefully a permanent fix is on the way.

0040EST US East server. Tokyo Haneda is supposed to be cloudy at the moment according to satellite image (CAVOK in METAR) but no clouds generated. Other locations like RCTP however do inject clouds. It is really really strange.

Say hello to FSX/P3D for me! Had a wonderful cloudy departure with zero visibility until about FL280 and steady clouds all the way into Dallas.

My report for today:

Connection Country: Greece

ISP: Inalan

In sim METAR:

Actual METAR

METAR Notes: In sim METAR is out of date , yesterday.

I wonder, if there is a developer listening. Is it a CosmosDB synchronization problem?

For the same airport LGAV. I just tested it. Clear Skies

Provider : NOVA /Wind
METAR: Metar was from 8/2 1550Z

Tokyo has had mostly clear skies all day (I live near Haneda).

2 Likes

Still no live weather and METAR in game is not up to date (it’s from yesterday). What’s weird (for me) is that in the A310 if you check METAR on the EFB, it is correct and up to date… picture attached below.

I also wonder how many people said that live weather works for them because they only checked it at the airport/close to the airport and didn’t do any longer flights. Did you guys consider that there may be more people affected and you only think it is resolved for them, because they said so without any real testing?

It’s not weird, because the source of the METAR in EFB and SIM are different

I don’t think anyone, except for a brief time that it actually worked , claims that the problem is solved. We try to give as much information we can that may help the developers and systems engineers to pinpoint the problem.

1 Like

Im currently at YMHB on the SE Asia server, and it matches current metar perfectly.

9:35 CET
NO real weather at:
LEZG (still not in sim, for testing, the non-existent LEZA is in the sim)
LOWI
KLGA
METAR is of 07 Feb at 15:51

Is your METAR in game also up to date?

METAR outdated

So mine has been hit and miss over the past couple of days. I just took off from LIGD which is a small airport NNE of Naples Italy. I was almost 15 minutes into my flight (clear skies) before the weather injected.

Some flights are injecting immediately, while some are delayed, and some have never loaded. But i am not seeing a pattern to this.

Im not mad or upset as i love how much this update helped the xbox users, but i know the weather doing this can be an immersion breaker for some and figured i would report my results. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Not a single cloud in the sky, Ouch

Edit, 5 minutes after waiting the clouds magically popped in? Getting clouds Correct pressures and even winds, something that was not injected before