No live weather today? [January 1, 2022]

I was just over OZ and I CTD after I couldn’t move around the cockpit for 30min. 4H in FML.

I saw CYYZ had +19C when I was preparing for my flight to MMMX. Where I also CTD’ed.

Glad I am not the only one. Sadness and darkness awaits us this year.

Its because the METAR fog is handled by the sim not on the servers. It’s like a circle of fog around airports.

Try this place and you will see that circle around the airport.

LIPF 011755Z 29002KT 0200 FG OVC006 02/00 Q1022 RMK OVC VIS MIN 0200

or this

ESMS 011850Z 14009KT 0250 R17/1400D R35/1000N -DZ FG OVC001 05/05 Q1019 RERA

I doubt this has anything to do with MSFS per se. It’s probably a Microsoft infrastructure issue. If so, it’s not Asobo’s fault. But it is Microsoft’s fault. Pretty sad really. Where I work…if we were down for 14 hours, omg we would all be fired.

2 Likes

Sad reality. No responsibility.

Weird, I just had a CTD over Western China and I haven’t had a CTD in months now. The FPS started to chug, then when heading into the approach after a 3 hour flight the f****** thing crashed. Wonder if it’s related to the other issues happening today with weather.

(I did all the usual things to avoid FPS drops like resetting online traffic)

1 Like

Same thing happened to me over OZ!!!

I had also today a first crash since months

New year, same old problems. As fantastic as this sim can be at times, it’s incredibly frustrating to deal with in others. Persistent server issues since SU5, constant Live Weather issues since release, SU7 bugs still not dealt with in public with next to zero communication pre-Xmas and no Hotfix for the main issues.

It’s not good enough, it plainly needs to be better.

2 Likes

You didn’t ask yourself if the servers were being maintained. That’s very common at this time.

Especially giving the amount of money we all spend on the sim the serive is simply just poor.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but how I understand it (from observation) is that it will inject any METAR you come across, as long as you’re low enough to be in its sphere of influence. So if you’re doing a reasonably high level flight ( I think 6000 ft +. I’m not sure what the ceiling of the METAR zone is), you’ll only see METAR for your start and end airport, as you’ll be above the METAR zones en route and only in the METAR zones for your start and end airports.

However, if you do a low level VFR flight between 2 airports, but happen to cross multiple METAR zones on your flight plan, you’ll see the switch in between these zones, much like using REX or Unreal Weather.

1 Like

Here you can see two METAR reporting fog. One below me and one in front. This is just to show. I have not planned any route you just need to be close to them.

I wish I could pay more to make the servers more reliable. Oh well. Happy mildly disappointing new year…

This is too bad. Hope it clears up for the vatsim NY event tonight.

We’ve already paid for the service. Giving them more money won’t make them any better at keeping their infrastructure running. It’s been a mess since SU5 with constant semi-regular outages.

Don’t count on it. Asobo won’t be back in the office until at least Tuesday, since Monday is their day off for New Year.

6 Likes

I mean, if it was a subscription and they had to pro-rate for outages like the cable company, they might prioritize their server stability a little higher.

Yeah, don’t count on that. lol

A little tongue in cheek here.
It should be the opposite.
They should be reimbursing us, for having paid for services we don’t receive!

2 Likes

In the last British Avgeek streaming you can see the last Live weather issue with two consecutive engine failures after take off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDYSoVA-pk

1 Like