No live weather today? [January 1, 2022]

Just in the sim and no live weather being injected in. Anyone else having issues?

Jase

15 Likes

Same here. Sever is down.

3 Likes

Cheers mate. Bummer

Having the same issue here. Was working fine earlier today.

Been off all morning for me.

Yeah, it happens all the time. After a while it will come back… I’m used to it

Same here, tried NZ, Europe and US, clear skies everywhere…

1 Like

Hmmm. Doesn’t happen “all the time” here. This is the first Live Weather outage for me in a month or so. And it appears to have started around 0:00Z. I wouldn’t be surprised if it persisted for a couple of days, until Asobo returns to the office.

Unreal Weather is our friend in times of despair like this.
https://unrealweather.blogspot.com/

(If you want to try this out for the first time, be aware that you need to get an API key from https://avwx.rest/ (a quite painless process) and enter that key in the .js file which is part of the mod. I would’ve added a link to the description of this process, but I can’t find one.)

edit: Hmmm. Can’t get Unreal Weather to work any more. When opening the weather/time window after starting the flight, the weather part of the window is empty. I guess it’s in the process of being updated to the current MFS version, but that doesn’t help me right now.

3 Likes

Yup, he said he wasn’t far off from a fix, but that was a couple weeks ago I believe.

Live weather down for me too, 01 Jan 05:24z

1 Like

Live weather down here in Eastern US at 1:10am

Although if I look at the Metar on the sim… it’s correct… but it isn’t injecting it into the sim

1 Like

Same here using US West server… Live weather have been down since 3 hours ago. It’s not a good start for 2022

A few of us on the East coast USA have been experiencing no live WX every day for approx. one hour starting at 6PM (almost exactly). This has been happening for the last week or so fwiw.

1 Like

Live weather servers appear to be down today, Saturday 01 January at 04:49z

2 Likes

yeah, no weather since hours… :frowning:

2 Likes

Not a good start to the New Year!

1 Like

What a great start of the year :heart:

5 Likes

And i think they are free from work.

2 Likes

no weather at the moment :frowning:

1 Like

Yep business as usual. Give it until 12 minutes after and we will see.

Edit

Nope, still broken. Seems about right.

2 Likes