No matter what I do, my plane doesn't move during taxi! (noob here)

Hi there,

Ok, I’m a noob… but I really tried to figure out everything regarding my issue, but can’t find anything! I’m starting to think this is a bug?!

When I’m trying flight lessons ,especially the take off lesson, I’m disengaging parking brakes. First, the plane slow goes backward (is this normal behaviour? are all planes going backwards when brakes are disengaged?)
Second, when I’m pushing throttle to 100%, the plane starts to “stabilise” (not going backward), but never go forward. Almost like something was preventing it from going forward. My parking brakes are disengaged, I’m 1000% sure.

I have checked all my keyboard and mouse controls and I can’t figure out what’s going wrong.

Help me please!
R

1 Like

Something is bound on your controls it seems. You’ll need to go through and make sure all throttle controls are set properly. Filter on Assigned Controls on the left, and go through all control types - keyboard, mouse and controller/joystick.

Hi @SuedKibbles7927, welcome to the forums…

No, it isn’t. If I were to guess you are on a slightly sloped runway, and gravity is pushing you backwards.

A couple of quick questions?

1. How are you disengaging your parking breaks?

2. Are your props feathered? If they are you will generate reduced thrust, and if you are on a slope it may be enough to stop you moving forward.

Thanks ! I’ll have a check again right now at the controls. Didn’t know the filter on assigned controls, very useful !

R.

Thx for welcoming. :wink:

No it doesn’t seem to be a sloped runway. It’s the flight lesson take off lesson, and the runway seems perfectly flat.

1. I’m disengaging the brakes using the standard option “disengage parking brakes”

2. how would you check if the props are feathered?

R.

The 152 used in the lessons has a fixed pitch prop, no need to worry about feather

Maybe a dumb question, but do you have some button or control assigned to pushback? Other than a very strong wind or sloped runway that is the only thing that can make a plane go backwards

Are you able to take a screenshot of your control assignments, and possibly a vidro of the issue?

Don’t worry we’ll get you there!

1 Like

My apologies, I missed the point where you said you were doing a tutorial. Pitch won’t be your problem.

Edit: @GrueDiademe81 - I just loaded the takeoff tutorial mission, no wind and while the runway has an upwards slope it is not enough to make the plane roll backwards. You may be onto something with pushback.

@SuedKibbles7927, what happens if you press Shift+P?

2 Likes

thank you so much guys for the help. I’m rebooting right now (had to make the children go to sleep ;)) on windows (I’m on MacBook Pro 2020) , and will check that !

You could also use the same plane and start on another runway (not yhrough the tutorials), just to see if it is reproducible everywhere or linked to the tutorial

And try one of the next tutorials, see if it happens there also

1 Like

Wow it was that ! Shift + P solved the issue and I could finally move forward and take off.
It’s funny that they don’t talk about this command in any of the tutorials, how are we supposed to know to use this command ? :smiley:
Thx so much for all your help.

4 Likes

It is an old FSX keybind, and therefore isn’t in the tutorial. Not sure why your aircraft was pushing back, but happy your issue was solved.

Feel free to mark the correct post above as the solution for others.

1 Like

They won’t be. The C152 has a fixed pitch prop, so it can’t be feathered.

Great! Happy to help

This exact thing happened to me once. Somehow on my ATC screen I had requested pushback when I was on a taxiway. I could barely move forward at all, and seemed to move backward very slowly. When I happened to look at the ATC screen and noticed, I cancelled pushback again and the plane worked fine after that.

This will happen if you have the pushback option still in the atc (i.e. you haven’t returned to clearance) , and then you press ctrl-2 (for example) to view an instrument panel - this will also often trigger the atc menu as if you had pressed 2 by itself. This is an annoying bug you which appears in several places where there are combination keystrokes, and causes strange things to happen at times.

Please vote for this to be fixed here: Major Flaw in Keyboard Shortcuts - Self-Service / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

In my sim lesson, the PARKING BREAK is ON. Look to the far left, low on the panel. There is a knob there. Push it IN and that will release the PARKING BREAK.

I had a problem with the plane not moving… I would push the throttle in and it would appear to want to go, but in the end, the simulator was on PAUSE!!! Duh… Took me a while, I was checking everything, parking brakes etc.

I would think that the simulation would be better when pause is pressed, nothing works, nothing moves and then you would know that you’re in pause.

2 Likes

I had the same problem with parking brakes desingaged and full throttle but plane wouldnt move. Then I hit Ship + P (as in previous game request for pushback) and it released the plane so I could take off. Try your end and advise.

@Nyx1819 hey man i have this issue similar to his. I have no clue what is going on so 2 weeks ago i go back onto my sim like i usually do after i took a 1 week break of flying in msfs. Before those 2 weeks ago and the break i took i had no issues the day i get back on i get this issue. After i pushback i cannot taxi when im ready everything is disconnected i have done the shift p thing nothing helps. The first time i came up with this issue was with the pmdg 737 and second time fenix a320. I reinstalled msfs and reinstalled GSX still did not fix the problem. None of my settings have the same configuration for brakes except my rudder pedals. Please help me i have no idea what else to do and i just want to solve this problem.