No MSFS Content - Steam verification all good - Won't start obviously

That looks normal. What do you mean it wont start “obviously”?

Should be bigger than 1.92 G

I deleted the folders except community. They were empty.

I thought it would download.

Nope.

1.92 GB is exactly what mine shows too, and I just finished up a flight an hour ago.
Steam never counted the size of the official and community folders in its size calculation, for whatever reason. That 1.92 Gb is just the core exe’s and UI and stuff. You gotta boot the sim and pick an install directory for it to install the big stuff. Have you done that yet, or are you unable to start the sim at all?

Worked yesterday, but stuttering.

MSFS updated today through Steam, wouldn’t start and all the content has gone from the Steam folder.

I tried to get it to repair, but it won’t, and won’t start.

Trying uninstall, and install again.

1 Like

This is a weird one.

I reinstalled and rebooted, and it still wouldn’t start, but I got a warning from my antivirus for Steam programs.

I then turned off the antivirus and containment, rebooted, and it started and is now downloading everything.

I suspect that even though I haven’t had any notifications, my antivirus as done ‘something’. MSFS has just deteriorated progressively over the last few weeks.

Combined with a recent Windows update, which has made some strange things happen to my computer generally, it has worked to just mess my sheet up.

I’m starting to think that I need to return to a dual boot, with a fresh Windows and only MSFS on it. Which will make it easier for the inevitable reinstall of both to keep everything ‘sort of’ working, which is the best we can hope for with this piece of rubbish program we need and love.

Any thoughts from you guys on all of this would be good.

I have the same exact problem, it stuck on 1.92, i still cant get it to work tho.

Any tips?

I have tried everything regarding the antivirus/restarts etc.

Don’t use Steam verification. It deletes entire content of “Official” folder and this triggers full sim reinstall.

What i want right now is a full reinstall, since the game still only shows up as 1.92gb.

When i start the game i can choose between starting it in ”safe mode” or ”normal”.

Both options ends up in the gane crashing.

You may consider deleting the game in Steam and full reinstall. Consider backing up some config files.

I missed that I could uninstall under ‘manage’, and kept looking under properties.

Uninstall and then a full install helped.

A few days ago I had a mystery 1 gb update and MSFS runs perfectly, the first time in months.

I have no idea what is happening.

Just reinstalled it. Still only shows up as 1-2 Gb.

The game still crashes on startup.

I dont know what to do :confused:

That 1 to 2 Gb is correct, the packages don’t show in the total.

Sorry, I got nothing else to add. There may be some other topics on starting issues.