No option to switch off HUD in bush trip (option is greyed out)

PC / Steam version

When flying in a bush trip, the HUD shows in the external view. This happens despite setting HUD to ‘off’ in the Assistance Menu in the main menu. Is this a known issue? I’ve tried searching.

To be clear, the option to switch off HUD is greyed out when flying the bush trip.

On my system, there was only one option that wasn’t greyed out (and it wasn’t the HUD!!). I don’t remember if it was that way before update 7, but it definitely can’t be changed now as far as I can see.
Regards

This ‘feature’ has been annoying me for a while. I have to use the drone cam if I want to take a nice screenshot on a Bush Trip now, as the regular external cam has the HUD always shown. It also remains enabled if I make a free flight afterwards - I have to turn it off again manually in the menus.

@Dannythemusicma maybe consider moving this to the “Online & Activities” part of the Bugs & Issues category as that one is for in-game activities. Maybe it’ll get more traction, maybe not.

why doesn’t somebody look at it? Why do we have to see these ugly arcade hud?

2 Likes

@Dannythemusicma @Habu2u2 @Mustang242Sqn @cenkcdemir
I know how to fix it - soon more info.

Stay tuned :wink:

1 Like

Well the FLT file appears to be locking it to a specific preset for one thing:

[Assistance]
Preset=ASSISTANCE_PRESET_BUSH_TRIP

how to fix it?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bush-trips-hud/472543/14

Mod Note: This was merged into this topic.

As someone who likes to fly as in the real world, these instruments displayed are annoying for bush trip enjoyment.
because most of the time in the flight, I am using a virtual cockpit, and only there I would like to know instrument display information and sometimes during flight, I am enjoyed the scenery in 3D views only.

So please lets me turn it off on Bush trip options?

thanks Asobo for not fixing this extremely hard problem. making this line from “full” to “off” is a rocket science. i feel you

up. still we have to see the ugly hud