No Oshkosh Airshow Scenery for MSFS yet?

UPDATE: 7/11/2021

The Pilot Edge Scenery for SimVenture (Oshkosh) is now available from the Pilot Edge website (with Pilot Edge membership) … LOOKS FANTASTIC !!

====================================================

Oshkosh Airshow 2021 is back on again this year.
Pilot Edge, and maybe some other Multiplayer Networks are Hosting Oshkosh 2021 airshow events with ATC.

But so far, there does not appear to be any Oshkosh Airshow addon scenery for MSFS 2020.

Yes, there is a small MOD to add the Color Dots on the runways, but MSFS users will not get anywhere near the same experience as those with X-Plane or FSX, both of which have some very impressive addon scenery that really brings the Airshow to life.

It might still not be too late, if any talented Airport scenery developer (Freeware or Payware) is up to the challenge.

REAL WORLD

X-PLANE

MSFS 2020 (Stock Scenery [+ DOTS Mod] - DESERTED :frowning: )

Will there even be a MSFS 2020 presence at Oshkosh in 2021. ?
In past years, when FSX was current, Microsoft always had a Demonstation Booth/Tent at Oshkosh,

UPDATE

Pilot Edge has said there WILL be a MSFS 20202 Scenery File available soon for this July SIM 2021 Event.

This ROCKS – like your wings will on the Fiske Arrival

5 Likes

I believe this isn’t really a priority as of now, plus the XPLANE11 one was made by the community and not by the devs.

I for one would think it was fantastic if someone could produce a scenery which provided something like the real experience. We talk about going every year and have still never managed to get to the event.

I’m sure a freeware developer would be up to the challenge of producing something.

Did you have a look to this one?

KOSH - Wittman Regional Airport (Oshkosh, Wisconsin) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Maybe this is not what you are looking for, is it?

1 Like

Not quite – while it may be a good Update for the Airport for most of the year, it looks nothing like the airport during the Oshkosh AIrshow,

and BTW: Of course, NOBODY would be expecting the Asobo Devs to be making such Scenery… it will either be a talented dedicated Community member, or one of the Big Scenery Developers cashing in.

Don’t worry, PilotEdge will have some amazing scenery available for the SimVenture event. The actual Oshkosh air traffic controllers (who will be working the real AirVenture) will be volunteering to provide the ATC for PilotEdge’s SimVenture so that incredible experience will be topped off with fantastic scenery.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes, for Xplane and P3D and FSX, but so far, no mention of similar scenery for MSFS.

(Which is why I made this New Post Topic about the lack of MSFS scenery)

Maybe you didn’t see the video…

I assure you, there WILL be MSFS scenery from PilotEdge…

I saw the Video – there was NO MSFS scenes with extra scenery.

What is your source that you can “assure” us there will be MSFS Scenery ???

It’s 99% filmed in MSFS.

Source: I’m the guy…

9 Likes

FS9’s stock scenery had well over 100 static aircraft models parked on the grounds around Oshkosh. Even that would make the experience better.

2 Likes

in this current state of the sim,the only show that any such addon will give us,will be a SLIDE STUTTER SHOW :joy:

We’ve been able to create a scenery that’s very optimized. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

6 Likes

Amen to that but it’s not the scenery creators i am afraid of :joy: but the sim itself.
Hopefully waiting for DX12

Thanks @KevPilotEdge – will be looking out for it…

2 Likes

You are perfectly sure, that you do trust “the guy”?
Just asking for a friend…
:wink:

See you there!

4 Likes

THIS
IS
REALLY
COOL
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

https://www.flykosh.com/msfs.html

Here is the link to the pilot edge scenery. You can also create an pilot edge account and participate in the event for 5 hours of network time for free

2 Likes