No pause menu+toolbar in VR

Hello. I’ve encountered an issue in VR where I press ESC and nothing shows up. I can hear that the sim pauses by all sounds going quiet, but I cannot see the ESC menu in the headset or in thereprojection on the flatscreen. The toolbar also does not work and they both happen at the same time.

If I leave VR mode I can use the ESC menu and toolbar just fine. As soon as I go back to VR the issue reappears.

If I try to restart the flight by returning to the main menu I am stuck in the loading screen and it will never go back to the main menu within reasonable time. The sim usually loads up within 2-3 minutes. Waiting up to 20 minutes is considered unreasonable to me when returning to the main menu.

When the issue above occurs the scenery at the arrival airport is also not loaded, ie. empty space with no buildings.

I noticed that everytime I started VR the GSX window opened and often spinning a loading screen. This happens both when exiting and entering VR mode.
I’ve uninstalled GSX and now I’m not having the mentioned issues anymore. I am not sure if GSX is a cause, or if it’s more a toolbar/interface issue, but i’ve not had any issues since uninstalling GSX, and they were happening regularly before.

I am getting this as well seems gsx related . I thought it was extra clutter but still happening .
Only way out is sim reboot . Happens nearly every time can someone help .I have posted on there forum not expecting much though.

To stop this you have to make sure the vr menu in your 2d screen is not highlighted, ie white. Then you can go back and forth and it won’t open

Thank you for the workaround. However, I’ve yet to fly a session without forgetting to do what you mention, so it’s a “difficult” workaround.

Ive uninstalled GSX and consider it non usable in VR as it seems to break the flight. I’ve had no similar issues since, neither the toolbar/ESC menu lack of showing, and the long wait in return to main menu.

Had some joy reducing traffic settings but still get this