No seagulls where they are indicated as being

Steam

no Developer Mode

no seagulls where they are indicated as being

fly there where in video

no relevant hardware

current version as of this writing

Are you sure you have an exhaust silencer fitted? The gulls are very sensitive to loud noise. That’s the first thing I’d check.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I can fit a silencer? I haven’t. On the other hand, wouldn’t noise make them start skirmishing in the air making them visible in a first place?

Enable fauna POIs in the world map. This should make it much easier to find them.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, they were very hard to spot for sure and looked more like moving wiggle lines than birds, depending on distance. Grab a cub, go slow.

1 Like

There are a lot of bugs with animals in MSFS. Some are missing, some are invisible, some are out of place.

I am on Xbox, I usually fly with the VL-3 for animal spotting. The setting in the “traffic” parameters for wildlife is 100%.

For example, for the Rhinoceros, the only place I could see so far was the one in Kwamiya:

For the hippos, those of Lac Chad are present, as you can see (but those of Chickwenya are in the other branch of the river and therefore absent at the place indicated).

For seagulls:

If you go to Punta Arenas, you will be able to see them quite easily. They move around, but it’s really not that hard to locate them. If you activate the smartcam and open the camera window, you can click “interact with object” to select the target.

Here is what seagulls look like:

But at Syros, I confirm what @Uani3 said : the Seagulls are not present.

I’ve try changing the settings in “trafic”: either I set 30%, 70% or 100%, it change nothing.
Using the smartcam, I can see that the “object” is active. I can select it, and it moves.
And the fun thing is that it is taken in count in the “animals observed with smartcam” statistics counter.
But even that the object look working, there is nothing displayed here. I don’t see why, because the same object (seagulls) is perfectly displayed at Punta Arenas place :thinking:.

I’ve also no problem to watch the birds (Flamants) at lake Cochrane.
So there is definely bugs with animals that are commons to all simmers (xbox, pc, store, steam).

1 Like

I forgot to mention, too, that the designation of the targets for the smartcam was completely silly :crazy_face:

The geese of Lake Volkaria are located near the Préveza Air Base (LGPZ) in Greece. When you try to use the smartcam, and select the target line “interact with object” in the camera menu, look at the designation (“Base aérienne d’Aktion” in French ! ).

I did not know that the army had hired geese, next time I will be wary before joining a formation flight :rofl:

1 Like

Finally, I managed to find the seagulls at Syros :sunglasses:.
So this is not a bug, but there are many others concerning the animals :bug:. If you want to give it a try, this is how I managed to see them:

Be sure that Fauna density is set to 100% (General Options / Traffic / Land and sea Traffic).
Set Fauna Marker to ON (Assistance Options / POI).

Start a flight, using the VL-3 aircraft (easy to fly, low speed manoeuver capability, great visibility). Set departure at “Syros - Seagulls” POI, clear sky and set time to 06:30 (05:30 UTC).

Immediatly after the begin of the flight, reduce throttle to about 30% to reduce speed. Extend full flaps, and make a left 360°, reducing you altitude. 600 ft should be good, and you will see the “seagulls marker” in front of you.

When the distance is less than 2 km, the “Object interaction” should appear in the smartcam targets list:

Reduce the altitude to about 300 ft:

When you are close to the target (~ less than 100 or 200 m), you can see the seagulls around you:

Et voilĂ  :wink:

The error that I previously made, was flying too high (700 ft instead of 300 ft) and not enough close (200 m or more, instead of less than 200 m) to the target.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your exploration(s) !

1 Like