No sound in VR with Quest 2

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
The sound comes from the headset and the computer speakers while not in “VR mode” but as soon as VR mode is activated, the headset sound stops. It would be nice to be able to set the audio output independently in settings of the game
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Activate VR mode with a Quest 2 connected with Link cable to PC
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
1080ti, 5600x, 32gb 4000mhz ram,
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Did you choose the Oculus headphone option in the windows taskbar by clicking on the little speaker button? You’ll need to do this before starting the game.

Yes, but that is annoying to switch output devices back and forth. It should be an in game option. Or possibly just work as every other game does rather than completely not work. I have my Oculus mirror sound back to the PC and any PC sound back to the Oculus but MSFS is the only game that actually breaks this.

1 Like

Exactly which taskbar do you mean? I have exactly the same problem. Assume I’m an idiot - I won’t complain! :blush:

It’s more than my life’s worth to assume owt at all! :grin:

The icon I meant was the speaker icon in the lower right icon taskbar next to the clock etc.

I realise I might be an idiot for suggesting this in the first place!

1 Like

Haha
Thanks but it isn’t that, I tried that.
Driving me nuts, been this way ever since big updates to Oculus, MSFS and DCS all around the same time in December. I suspect it’s Oculus.

I s’pose you’ve checked that the game hasn’t muted the headphones? Did you try turning up the volume, and checking, by pressing the Oculus volume button on the headset itself?

Yes, I think I’ve turned up every volume setting I’ve come across to 100%. Something similar happened to x-plane 11 at the same time. It would be nice to get one of these two working properly, I love DCS but I love swanning around in props too. For a relatively old un-PC literate man it’s tricky!

Ok then try:

Go into Device Manager sound settings
Disable any device you don’t use by right-clicking and selecting the disable option
Try again

For instance, I have a monitor sound device, a Nvidia device, a webcam device etc. None of which I use. Worth a try, I don’t have these sound issues of which you speak.

PS My respect and best wishes to you in your medical recovery. My dear old Dad succumbed to an undiagnosed brain tumour at 89. I’m lucky, just had 2 types of cancer, 2 lots of radio and 1 of chemo. I’m 70 next month, and I think I’m lucky. :sunglasses: so far…

I looked in DM as you suggested, but everything seems to be used, my computer isn’t used for anything but flying games. I’m awaiting a new headset which may resolve many of my problems. It may add to them of course!

Thanks for your kind words. There’s very few of us that don’t have medical issues of one type or another as we get older. I was maybe unlucky, but maybe not. :thinking:

1 Like