No steering after landing possible

pc / Microsoft Store version

Since the last update there is no steering to the right or left possible, after landing. When starting the game/flight everything works fine. I use an airbus thrustmaster joystick, that always works fine and no disfunctions are shown. Can somebody help?

Check your assistance settings in your General Options, make sure all assists are Hard/True to Life. Also turn off All assists inside the in-flight toolbar as well.

Then check your bindings. Make sure you only have the thrustmaster twist axis bound to the rudder control. If you find any other rudder bound to other hardware (keyboard, mouse, gamepad controllers, etc) make sure you remove them to prevent conflicting inputs acros multiple hardware.

What aircraft are you flying on? if you are using the latest FBW A32NX aircraft, note that they separate the binding for Rudder and Nosewheel tiller steering, so you need to bound that in your controls as well. See the Nose Wheel and Tiller Operation - FlyByWire Simulations Documentation about this.

Thanks! I tried it out. Now I have the problem,when the cursor of the mouse is touching an interactive surface, like flight control, steering is not possible. When removing the curser. it´s working again…

Can’t believe ms didn’t solve the no groundsteering after landing.
Working on a new sim is much more important I supose.

That looks like a setup issue. Not everyone has this. Have you tried at least do some troubleshooting to make sure you eliminate all the common causes of the no groundsteering after landing?

1. Set all assistance to Hard/True to Life. Make sure AI assistance is off on everything.
  2. Check your control bindings, make sure you have nose wheel steering and rudder bound to an axis that you can use.
  3. Make sure you don’t have conflicting control bindings across all hardware that you have connected. (ie. having rudder axis bound to your pedals and your joystick twist axis is a big no no. Because the sim reads both the axis position of your rudder pedals and joystick axis together and can’t determine whether you want to turn or you want to stay straight).

Is this on all aircraft ? (taildraggers, and also tricycle aircraft with a free castering nosewheel like the DA40, will not steer on the ground without airflow for rudder authority, generally you use lots of throttle to create rudder authority or differential brakes in these aircraft) .

I am having the same problem. i tried all of the above and still have it. I saved game right after landing then load the save and it works again. but after getting clearance to taxi and begin to taxi. the game freezes and shuts down. and yes this is a new computer to exceeds the recommened requirements by double.