No trees anywhere Latina, Italy

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, and on Ultra, High settings

Brief description of the issue:

Just noticed Off the coast, south of Latina, Italy, all the way East, there isn’t a single tree. along roads, Fields, or even in Bella Farnia area. All the way east to Rome, no trees from Frosinone, only Photogrammetry trees in Rome, then no trees all the way to Viterbo. a total of 252 km.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I7-9700, 2070 Super, 32gb memory, 3200mhz.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Most recent

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have the same thing but on the side of Northern Italy, Aosta Valley, and even in France on the side of Mont Blanc, Geneva and even Corsica. I deleted everything that was in my Community folder and I even tested in developer mode and changed my graphics I still have the same rendering

Mont Blanc valley Chamonix

LFKJ

between the Aosta Valley

my configuration
I7 7700k
gpu 2070 rtx
game on ssd

Seeing the same thing around LFSB Basel in east France, hardly any trees, just a few from Bijans mod but otherwise nothing. Tried taking his mod out, no difference.

1 Like

Carried on to LFLL and came across a straight line across the scenery separating the area which lacked trees from the rest of the scenery where trees were loading fine. Very odd.

I even uninstalled the Wu9 Italy and it’s the same, I wonder if it’s not the server side patch that caused this

Yes I had the same thought.

1 Like

just fly over Elba - I used to fly there before wu9 - it looks now like an fsx scenery - you see the forests in 2D but no trees - it is a big step backwards - flying into Pisa it is the same - there are some small isles of trees but it looks like after an atomic impact … I am very disappointed … the picture was made near Quercianella

1 Like

Just chiming in that I’m experiencing the same issue, last time starting West of Turin, about 20 miles from where the PG area starts.

Oddly enough after trying multiple times to delete my rolling cache with no effect, this time it seems to have worked. I’m starting the same flight again and again to test and now the trees are back…let’s hope they stay.

Possibly the function to delete the rolling cache from within the menu and then reallocating space for it doesn’t work 100%.

2 Likes

deleting the rolling cache did it for me!! thank you!

Back for me too now.

thank you very much i finally have the trees back

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I encounter the same issues throughout the Alps - N. Italy, France, Switzerland, Austria, and Germany starting just south of Frnkfurt

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

The only 3-D trees I see are Photogrammametric trees in large cities

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

same problem :frowning:

now working with deleting the rolling cache , thank you !!

I noticed around florance, there were patches of trees. The only issue there was the grove of trees were in the middle of a farmers field.

Other patches didnt even match the underlying image. I dont know what happened.

I went back to the US to check it, and it seems its just the italy update

Ill do that, but i havent had the cache on in over a year

Well, i went to check my cache last night, even knowing that ive had it off for over a year. MS in an attempt to help me, it was turned back on. So i turned it off, and cleared it. All the trees came back. I turned the system off and went to bed.

This afternoon, in MS infinite wisdom, ALL my settings were changed. All the notifications, tips, hud, traffic, everything was changed. Now, if those sertings were on MY system, which i know they are not. Please, stop doing that!!!

Hi,
Are you seeing trees now?
I spawned at these coordinates: 41.368141, 12.973990
which is this populated area underneath your plane in the screenshot you gave:

I’m seeing trees:

Had the same problem in Italy. Turned out it was the Shorter Trees Mod. When I deleted it every thing went back to normal

HOWEVER:
There still are some strangely coloured pale or over-saturated texture tiles where autogen trees aren’t spawned correctly and large areas of trees are missing.

They are there. I cleared the cache. Which Im still trying to figure out how it got turned back on.

1 Like