No Update Prompt?

An hour after release on X/S and update to 1.18.13. I’ve yet to receive a prompt on either the Xbox app, MS Store, or the game itself that an update is available. Anyone else experiencing this?

2 Likes

have you updated your launcher?through the ms store

same here…I’m on PC, and no prompt in the store, nor in MSFS

“I’ve yet to receive a prompt on either the Xbox app, MS Store, or the game itself that an update is available.”

I’ve updated everything updatable in MS Store…nothing such as “launcher” was updated

Having the exact same issue

Same here. No update prompts in either app or in the game itself.

But hey, given the hype surrounding the patch, the worldwide release, the countdown timer, and the number of people trying to all do the same thing at the exact same time, I’m not really surprised.

Best bet is to just go do something else and try again in a few hours.

Well risk with that is I could be mid live stream and the game decides to kick me out because I’m on the previous version, lol. Had today planned out for this launch.

Well, by “something else” I meant something other than using FS2020. :slight_smile:

I mean, even if you can start the older version and get into a flight, the sim still relies on live server access for various features. The sheer number of people trying to fly right now vastly increases the chances of non-patch-related issues due to the massive server loads.

I might just go away and try again tomorrow, to be honest.

1 Like

I expected some issues, not lying. Not this level of issues, but issues non-the-less.

Exact same boat here guys. Tried logging in and out both through the windows app store and the xbox console companion hoping it would prompt an update but no joy. I’m based in Ireland.

1 Like

Me too. Gso NC (EST). First time I’ve ever had a glitch. Everything else seems normal. Just not prompt.

Finally got it sorted about 30 minutes ago. 600mb windows store update, and a 40.2GB main game update.

30 minutes in, only 3.19GB updated.

See you all tomorrow. lol

I have a lived connection but it says it can’t connect online services and then it says will update later then CTD.

Same issue here. Central Time USA.

I am in now but it is slow downloading. I imagine the the new influx of XBox users are taxing the servers.

Update Gaming Services by following this first:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/fix-problems-with-apps-from-microsoft-store-93ed0bcf-9c12-3df6-6dda-92ec5d0415ac

I’ve had this problem for 24 hours now. I’m on a PC and no update in the windows store and the game would load, check for updates (find none) and load the main screen.

I may have fixed it by resetting the game from the Settings–> Apps–>MS Flight Simulator advanced options → Reset.

I say it may have worked because the game did start updating and 2 MSFS titles finally showed in the MS Store as needing an update. However, the update screen is titled, Set your Experience and it is an 80Gig update. It is possible I reverted to an earlier version and it is updating me to the version I was just on.

I’ll post back tomorrow with an update.

1 Like

So, all it did was re-update me to version 1.15 and does not show an update available in the Store.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.