No video in headset HP Reverb G2

Suddenly I have no image in the headset. The laptop screen shows the two lenses in the normal fashion. Before switching to VR in FS2020, I start the headset and the game room or whatever its called comes up fine, so I can’t see it being a headset problem. This just started tonight. I’ve checked all connections and rebooted several times. Seems like it is a sudden FS2020 problem for me.
I had installed a new airport CYAV before this happened so I removed that from my Community folder and the problem persists. The only other recent items I added were the Shift Z Stats and FS Kneeboard, both of which were working fine before this happened.

G2 here too. I just fired up my flight simulator for today’s flight and put it into VR with no issues, so I am not sure what is going on with yours. If you haven’t already, check and update your WMR software and try it with both preview mode on and off.

check your cable has not come unseated in the headset.

not sure what happened to the ‘reply’ I just posted as an update to this. I got it working by removing the airport CYAV that I got from modshost.com from my Community folder. I then tried another flight from and to CYAV using the default FS airport and the headset still went blank when I switched to it.
Next I restarted yet again and tried a flight from and to the default CYWG and the headset worked with that. I restarted the program for like the 5th time and tried the default CYAV again and low and behold it worked this time. So it must be that 3rd party airport from modhost.com.
It was free, so I guess I got what I paid for.
Note: that airport works in normal mode but I only fly in VR now. I do some real flying and honestly, it is so close. Just missing the bumps and it would be nice if the sound increased in the ear closest to the prop when turning one’s head, the way it did in all earlier versions.
Thanks for trying to assist.

1 Like

airlinejets: it’s secure and the game room in MRP worked fine . Got it going …see last reply

It might be the USB port is right on the fringe of being able to supply enough juice to the headset and only starting to show up as the components age.

Can you try an add-in PCIe USB3 card? (if using a v1 HP cable)

Thanks but problem solved. Please see my post about the solution.
Appreciate you trying to help.

Yes, this happend to me.
Found out that the cable got loosen after some time of use.
I use a few Tirips now to keep the cable better attached to the headset.

1 Like

Missed your reply Moopa1.
I secured my cables with velcro bungees so those are tight. The problem was that airport I downloaded. The author tells me that whenever using runway 31 at that airport, VR goes blank and the other runways are OK. He thinks it has something to do with Asobo’s CYWG, which is the nearest international airport.
I’ll have to use the other runways at CYAV. Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.