No WATCHED BASES in DevMode after Sim Update 5

I have tried that. Does not work for me. When I check in Developer mode to see if packages in community folder are installed I see that the packages are installed, but not mounted. It looks like it knows where the community folder is, but for some reason cannot map the mounts or something like that. Also the “watched bases” tab is not showing.

I am quite new to MFS. Is there an official place to look for support? As I understand this forum is mostly run by users, isn’t it?

Nope :wink:

Turn on Developer mode > apply and save
Click > tools and select packages

In search bar type
community

Source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/community-folder-when-i-clicked-on-virtual-file-system-no-watched-bases-appear/441776/2

Thanks for your help. But, as I understand this will only give me the location of the community folder, right? The problem that the “Watched Bases” tab is not showing is not fixed with this.

For me the problem is not to find out where the community folder is. I know that already. My problem is that it appears that MFS does not know where the community folder is (or at least it has some issues with it). The UserCfg.opt path setting for installedPackages does not solve the issue.

When I look in developer mode to see what’s happening to the items in my community folder, I see that MFS installs them with errors and is unable to mount them:

Do not, do not, do not move your launcher app! (microsoft flight simulator app)
Probably you have problem with permissions.

What about usercfg.opt and last line?

Do you mean the .exe to launch MFS? I did not move anything wrt MFS (apart from the items that I move to the community folder.)

In the UserCfg.opt the path to the community folder is set correctly.

I have found the support desk and submitted a ticket there. When I have found a solution I will post it here.

Not true.
WpSystem - that means you moved msfs to D disk.

So where is your community folder?

Mods doesn’t working?

Hm, I did not know that. It is strange because as I said I did not move anything. The only time where I specified that the D: disk should be used was during the installation. I did not have the impression that the installer moved anything, I thought it would just directly install on D:. The folder WpSystem was not created by myself, but was created programmatically during the installation.

The community folder is in
D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4015027525-4140695559-1722435834-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

However, I saw that there is an additional community folder in
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

But, this community folder just mirrors everything from the D: folder. Looks very strange. Is this normal that this mirror location exists?

No mods are working. Only the official installs from the marketplace (like the G1000 NXi).

In your case, yes.
Go to
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

Take a screenshot and add to topic.

Go to
D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4015027525-4140695559-1722435834-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

Take a screenshot and add to topic.

OK, so here is the screenshot from C:

and here from D:

In the community folder there is the C208B-mod, which I have added on 29 AUG.

Yesterday I tried a clean reinstall as explained in

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-Microsoft-Store-version-How-to-repair-or-remove-and-do-a-clean-install-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator

Unfortunately, this did not help. The items in the community folder are still not mounted and in the content manager they appear as “not installed”.

Did anybody find a solution to this problem in the meantime?

Did World Update VI solve this issue for anyone? For me it did not…

Hi! So, with the help of TenPatrol I was finally able to fix this issue.

I did a new reinstall. During the reinstall before I launched MFS I have created a folder called “MFS 2020” on my D: drive. Then, I launched MFS to install and set the package folder location to D:/MFS 2020. The community items now work for me and are correctly installed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just added some new mods/ add ons and been having the same problem but I’ve fixed it. MSFS have created a brand new community folder. I did a full clean re-install and then it appeared under a new tab called Program Folders found under Virtual File System. Here is an example of what the new path looks like: John Smith-App Data-Roaming-Roaming-MSFS-Packages-Community.