Nordic Isafjordur spotlight landing challenge CTD

Nordic update loaded fine. When clicking the new spotlight landing challenge the first two screens for the challenge opens then MSFS closes. Restarted the sim and tried again with same result.

1 Like

What did you uninstall?

If you have either Zinertek or Rex Airport Textures, uninstall them. They crash some airports now.

1 Like

Where do I find these textures to delete

Did you buy Rex or Zinertek? If Zinertek, did you buy from Marketplace or outside? Marketplace will be in Official (deleted via Content Manager), outside will be in Community. If it’s Rex, I believe they fixed theirs, so make sure to update it.

Deleted Zinetek from content manger, no more shutdowns, landing challenge works.

1 Like

Rex Airport Textures has been updated since WU5 was released, the new version doesn’t cause crashes.

1 Like

I don’t have either - still crashes - I’ll empty community folder and try again.

It’s not just the landing challenge. It crashes also when you set Isafjordur up as airport for a regular flight

You uninstall the airport from Asobo that came with the update? (BIIS)

Go to marketplace / content manager and look for Zinertek. I can confirm that this has been the problem for me as well. You have to delete the content and then restart MSFS.

Thank you! I was looking in my community folder and everywhere else for an airport but I found it in Content Manager as textures “By Zinertek” – it’s working now.

1 Like

One strange thing I noticed with this landing challenge, playing keyboard… the autopilot seems to be active when it starts. To solve it I press z to disengage AP… keyboard control will behave better !

And plane pitches up so trimming needs to be corrected as well. I think it’s part of the exercise to turn off AP and realize flying manually is a good idea :wink:

Huh ? manually ? I did not know that people use AP for landing challenges… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

All landing challenges using aircraft with an auto pilot start off with the auto pilot switched on.

Yeah maybe that is even the purpose… to be honest I’m an absolute autopilot beginner, until recently I did not know that the AP was on, or even… how to switch it off again ! This explains why I didn’t get (nearly) all landing challenges with Cessna Caravan sofar ! I have been fighting the AP while landing.

The target arrival (Isafjordur) is not set up in the AP. If I start the flight and get a cup of get coffee, I crash straight into a mountain because the AP does not know where to go. What happens if you would set the target in AP, quickly ? You get a million points ? :grin:

By on I mean it’s on but set to fly straight and level.

That’s an interesting statement considering that you claim to be an expert: