Nordic update not very good

So I’ve taken it for a spin today. And in many ways, it’s worse than before the update.

I’ve flown over parts of Norway I’m extremely familiar with.
It seems the only thing they’ve done in Oslo is add some clour to the villas and made a ski jump and Opera house. Akershus festing and city hall doesn’t render at all they are greenish-brown lumps in the terrain. Frognerparken is mostly just flat texture, it’s shame no new city got the proper overhaul, Kopenhagen is still the only correctly made city and it’s been like that from the start.

Roads are still stuck 90 degrees on the side of mountains and hills.

But probably the worst part is the churches, Norway now only have two types, big ■■■ red-brick churches or stave churches. The small white wooden church down the road from me had become a red-brown stave church, and the white stone church across the road from where I grew up has become a giant red-brick church with two giant steeples sticking up.
Also, Norwegian barns often render as big red 4 story building blocks or industrial buildings.

4 Likes

Did you check to make sure you already claimed and downloaded the World Update content from the Marketplace? Then check to make sure all your data settings are enabled and online.

I guess a good thing about this is that if you dislike the content update, you’re free to remove it from your content manager, and it should revert back to the way it was before the update.

Please don’t open a new topic when there already is a discussion running in another topic:

I’m sure the forum Gods will merge this into the “update thread” if they feel that makes sense. Personally I am quite interested in the OP’s point and would have missed it in the other thread, since I don’t enjoy trawling the longer discussions.

1 Like

Do you never use the search function? :star_struck:

1 Like

Ha! I do but am not sure how I would search for this. Would it be “complaint”, “opinion expressed”, “not very good”, “only two types of churches in Norway” etc? :wink:

2 Likes

You got me there, haha. Totally fair point.
My road would be go to the home page of general discussion to see that it’s the top topic, based on the experience that a discussion topic about the latest updates is ALWAYS started shortly after launch.

1 Like

It’s like that all over the world to be fair. What would be nice to see is a slope, with a cut made into it for the road to follow, remaining flat. I don’t know whether they even have the tools to do that globally i.e. terrain deformation on a global scale tied to roads.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.