North America Launch bush fly-in

Hey folks,
I originally intended a bush fly-in which was posted in a forum that is now archived. I’ve since decided to amend that fly-in. For those whom have been waiting patiently in the North American regions for playability, and to celebrate the launch, I’ll be doing some classic bush flying. All are welcome as we make stops between Seattle and hopefully some Alaskan fields.

Seeing as the download may take some time, for those that can join, the initial flight will start at 2020-08-18T05:30:00Z we’ll go for about an hour or so on flight one.

For those of you who understandably just want to sleep after hurting that download button, the continuation will commence at 2020-08-18T18:30:00Z2020-08-18T19:45:00Z

First flight will start at KBFI and we’ll make our way around some scenic areas and try our attempts at short strips and bush fields.
Fly anything you want, just make sure it can take off and land on short rugged fields!

Our second flights will start at PANC and will utilize the same aircraft requirements.

Everyone is welcome! If you have the game already, perfect. If you’re a new comer to MSFS, great - I have no problem running you through the basics. You can add me in-game or post your username below so that I can set up some groups (the maximum per group is 6) and we can all fly with synchronized weather.

Hoping to see many old and new Captains join me in my bush flight adventures.

9 Likes

Very nice initiative. I will see if you are flying tomorrow, as my sim is still downloading…

1 Like

Same here. Little bit longer than expected, but nearly there. Will still take a cub out for a bit, estimate another 35 minutes or so of downloading.

This is fantastic, hopefully some of this for the UK and EU timezone?

Sorry yeah - the forums were down for quite some time, but we’ll be doing some flying hopefully in the next hour or two.

Aww man I missed it. Hope you do another one soon.

1 Like

Missed it. Was not able to finish the download before start. next time then

4 Likes

Hello, actually my download was ready in time, I had my Controller settings fixed, …, but I had trouble to get into the forum, then it took me some time to find things in the new forum, but it´s getting better now.
@Angernerve: please repeat. Thanks!

Hey, the forum down time was a big bummer and was hard to communicate changes (longer download time than expected). You definitely will see more bush fly-ins from me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I missed the Fly-in as well. But in my case due to the fact that I have been trying to figure out how to set up my controllers.
Last night I had my first opportunity to get the 152 off the ground.

Looking forward to joining on any future fly-in.

1 Like

There should be a main schedule page somewhere that people can post the meeting times.

1 Like

@MFDC3 - It’s easy to miss, but in the Controls menu there’s an option to filter between ASSIGNED, ALL, or ESSENTIALS. Switch it to ALL to input your custom mappings.

Next one I’m planning for Tuesday the 25th of August. I’ll update the original post with more details soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks,

In the mean time I have figured things out. Just a lot of work to do to get all my buttons and switched mapped, as I have a home built cockpit wit a gazillion of them.

1 Like