North American Rockwell OV10 Bronco

Hi,

I am working on a OV10 Bronco. It is not finished yet and I am still waiting for developer status, but here is a video of the Bronco in action:

I hope you like it.

Regards Arie

17 Likes

It looks great so far, congratulations. I have been waiting for a Bronco since day one so am very pleased to hear you are working on it.

3 Likes

Please let us know as soon as we can purchase this from you! It looks awesome and I am excited to be a part of the development journey as your customer.

3 Likes

Hey @Reca2730 just giving this a bump to keep it live - the trio of O-1 Bird Dog (Blackbox),
O-2 (aka C337 by Carendo) and OV-10 (you) is a FAC enthusiasts dream!

They will all go great with @DEAN01973’s upcoming Phantom…(who needs a pair of J79s anyway?)

I share your enthusiasm but just to be clear, @Reca2730 is the developer of the OV-10.

I am just here to enjoy them after they are created.

1 Like

Oops, thanks; not paying attention this end, will amend the post.

1 Like

6 Likes

Wow! That is very impressive work on the cockpit. Looks fantastic.

1 Like
1 Like

Looks great!

So I guess this is the finished product? Looking good. Thanks very much!

2 Likes

It is probably never finished. I hope to get some valuable feedback and keep working on the plane. Enjoy!

4 Likes

I’m going to give this thread a quick bump as this has been released.

First impression: Wow! Really better quality than many payware planes.

The model is very nice both exterior and interior, incredible detail: Windows can be opened, when they can’t in several payware planes.

The flight model seems to be really tuned, of course I have no idea about how a Bronco flies but I have a lot of experience in “default” FMs and this is not one. The plane feels light, feels agile and has some character.

Systems are simple but you can start the plane from cold and dark and you have working lights.

The sound is very good but my only small complain / feedback is that I think it the volume is too low for a plane like the Bronco, from the vids I’ve seen the plane is loud.

Huge thanks to the dev for releasing this as a freeware and I really really really hope the release does not stall the development and we are only seeing the first version of a great plane.

4 Likes

Wow, such a detailed aircraft for Freeware. This is brilliant.

There are few civilian Broncos around so thought I might do a civilian livery for the aircraft. This is still a work in progress, but is starting to look like the real aircraft. I’m not sure what Cal Fire use it for but I am guessing it is for fire spotting.

MSFS

The real thing

4 Likes

I’m very interested in that livery as I do mostly civilian flights. Looks already great, can you upload it and send me a link if you like to share it? Thanks!!

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks very much for your great work. The visual model looks really great, especially considering it’s freeware. I noticed a few small graphical errors in the Marines livery, but they are only visible up real close.

About the flight model I feel a little torn. As almost everybody I have no idea what a Bronco feels like. But since it was supposed to be an observer first, and an attack aircraft second, I’d expected it to be a very stable platform. However I found it to be a bit wobbly especially around the pitch axis and was astounded to see it was so agile in the turns. Also I would have expected the flaps and landing gear to produce a little more drag. About the power I read several times already that it was considered underpowered. Flying mainly GA aircraft and WW2 fighters at the moment this one seemed pretty powerful. Of course it’s a military aircraft and has two TPs with 700hp each. So compared to a Piper Comanche it will always be very powerful.
As I said: those are just impressions. Don’t know if it helps any.

Keep up the good work!!

1 Like

You are fast! Awesome. I didn’t include this and for example a NASA livery because they had a four blade propeller and a completely different cockpit layout. But it looks really good. If I can help you in any way, let me know. Thx.

Thanks for the feedback. It really helps. You are right about expecting more drag on gear and flaps and the stability maybe too. I was aware of it. I have been postponing looking into it. Hopefully it is just a dail I can turn. But feedback like yours makes me aware of issues I don’t see anymore after a while. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi! Looks great, I downloaded from Flightsim.to, and then?? What do I do with the downloaded file besides unzip it? I put it in the Community Folder but I don’t see where the aircraft is available…
Pardon :grin: my ignorance

Will post a link when I have finished it.

1 Like