North Pole waypoints back w/ WU16

Yesterday’s World Update resurrected the old bug where PLN files saved in the World Map that include non-airport waypoints, when subsequently loaded in, place all non-airport waypoints at the North Pole. image of the last time this happened:

In the past (and for reasons I never quite grasped, because Navigraph isn’t involved) updating the Navigraph AIRAC resolved this bug, but that’s not working for me this time.

Tried a solution suggested at another one of the times a SU or WU caused this problem, which is to edit the PLN file and add:

<ICAO>
            <ICAOIdent>Custom</ICAOIdent>
        </ICAO>

prior to each waypoint’s concluding

</ATCWaypoint>

line. While this does make the PLN file useable/shareable, it’s a workaround, not a solution. Anybody got a solution?

Hi Peter,
there are two reports about that in the MS/Asobo dev-support forum, with exactly this issue but without any answer.

I will create a third one and will catgegory this as BUG … We can only hope, that someone will answer it then.

As a workaround:
Use any other 3rd party flightplanning tool and not the WorldMap. As an example: LittleNav Map (freeware) our our own chart-app (subscription). Both export the flightplan´s in the correct way and you can use it with or without installed WUs.

Sorry, we can´t do more in this case.

Cheers,
Richard

2 Likes

Bug report filed - in the MSFS/Asobo dev-support forum:

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Hi @PeterMooney872,

Thanks for your bug report in regards to the waypoint issue. I’ll apply the feedback-logged tag for now and do my best to ensure this is escalated to the correct team for investigation as soon as possible.

Just as a quick reminder, when using the Bug Reporting Hub and reporting potential bugs, in future please ensure you use the provided template and do not delete it in the main body of text.

Thanks
The MSFS Team :airplane:

/////

Update at 16:53UTC - This has now been logged as a bug.

2 Likes

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the assist!

I’m perfectly happy creating flights in Charts and exporting to PLN, except I seem to have an uncanny knack for finding airports I want to fly to or from that exist in MSFS but not in Navigraph. I suppose I could create a Global Waypoint in Charts, naming it with MSFS’s airport ICAO code. I share the PLN files in advance with viewers of my Twitch channel who fly along when I stream, so I’ll have to give this a try to see if it works for them.

I had the same issue with the Friday livestream plan. Navigraph customer, latest AIRAC for both he sim, and LNM. Loaded the plan from the forum thread, and had the issue. Washed it through LNM, then loaded the exported flight plan, and it worked.

It looks like the cause has been identified and fixed by Asobo, and will be in future SU (or even its beta) - as well as fixing the display on the VFR map …

So soon , NO MORE North Pole user way-points …

:grinning:

1 Like