Nose/Tail Wheel Bug - planes barely turning when taxi

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#pc
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
Nose/tail wheel rudder steering seems to be broken since latest update. Multiple planes (like the DA62) are barely turning when taxi, I couldn’t test all. Didn’t find the bug reported yet, however when asking in a popular FS2020 Facebook group I received many confirmations on the same issue.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
sorry I can’t provide a video at this stage
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
When I look down (VR) the rudder pedals are working fine. Also the rudder works fine and seems to be the only reason the plane is slightly turning on the ground. The nose/tail wheel doesn’t seem to turn at all, or maybe 5% of the previous behaviour?
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
not really relevant I think. My Logitech X56 HOTAS is working perfectly, didn’t change any configuration.
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Same issue since SU6.
In my case aircraft pulling to the right.
For testing purpose - custom weather without clouds and wind.

and A320 (also fbw), 787, 747, CJ4_WT …

I have a X56 and tca sidestick airbus edition.

i recall Osobo stating nose wheel steering was an option in the game. i would like to assign the nose wheel to the twist function of my stick. the last time i tried this 6m ago it was impossible and again today it still seems impossible. i only looked today as i also cannot steer on the ground, or maybe very slightly as mentioned above. anyone know if it is possible to assign the nose wheel? it seems so basic i can’t believe its impossible and Asobo seem to think everything is perfect. i must be missing something

Yep, same here. Is an issue for me on all planes. Steering is only possible when reaching a certain speed.
Edit: Also an issue since SU6.

2 Likes

I have the same issue as above. I’m able to steer my Cessna 172 and TBM 930 to the left and right, but unable to steer the planes with jet engines, like the Cessna Citation and B787. Before the update it was possible, but now I’m only able to steer to the left. Steering to the right results in taxiing forward. I have a Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and it is calibrated. I hope that there is a solution for this issue, because this is very annoying.

1 Like

That’s very strange because there’s zero difference concerning steering between the aircraft you have mentioned.

AFAIK Osiris’ brother.

PZL 104: Thanks for your response. This afternoon I tried it again. The Cessna 172 was no problem, also the TBM 930. With the Cessna Citation it was not possible to taxi and then I mean to the right. With the B787 it was impossible to taxi. It only makes turns to the left. I have used 3th party software for the B787, but after deleting this software I had the same result. I think I will reinstall MSFS2020. I hope it will be the solution.

1 Like

Flown TBM yesterday and turning works fine with that plane indeed.
My biggest problem at the moment is the Diamond DA62. I started the France bush trip before the update and it worked well, but since the last update I’m stuck because I really can’t turn the bird on the ground anymore…

Same issue here since last update (1.20.6.0) No issues prior to the update.
No longer playable or enjoyable if can’t steer on the ground. Going down hill, any good updates negated by not being able to control the aircraft

Flying the 172 today for the first time. Swerved off the runway as I was slowing down, didn’t respond to the rudder for turning & when I looked at the external view, the rudder deflected then returned to a neutral position

I also have lost all nose wheel steering since the last update…strangley I also have an X56…could this be the issue?

I have the same bug, with the C152 and C172. It’s not 100% of the time. Couldn’t really tell what’s wrong with it. APPARENTLY, turning off Live Weather helps.

I have a Thrustmaster T. Flight Rudder Pedals.

While the bug is “active”, you can even see the front wheel (in my C152 and 172 cases) TOTALLY turned to the left, while the plane is simply going straight (it wants to turn right no matter what). So, no. No torque stuff or wind or whatever. Bug. A nasty one, that is.

@pmaretti this sounds like a different issue. The taxi bug is not intermittent. Its affects are always present. If you are having a different problem where taxiing fails intermittently then it sounds like there is something else going on. Possibly an issue with your controls.

Hi @TonyTazer1504 do you think there could be two issues here?

The plane barely turning is one issue. I found something different entirely. I’ve flown DA40, Robin and F18 and all are fine during taxi and take off, but they don’t taxi at all after landing.

I originally thought that I had crushed the undercarriage but I don’t believe that to be the case anymore. For me, the steering just behaves oddly and in some cases only steer in one direction like a strong wind but then it changes, it’s all over the place!

I’ll try again with crash detection off but I feel something horrible has happened like a million voices crying out and then silence :slight_smile:

UPDATE: For my issue with steering after landing. It would appear to be down to the rudder assistance being enabled which I think is causing the landing gear to break easily. I need to do more tests but with rudder assistance off my landings are fine and I can still control the plane.

1 Like

As I said, the input is there, as show by the front wheel and the rudder. The pedals also show animation.

Turning Live Weather apparently solves it.

Could be another issue, but not from my end.

If I were you I would consider reporting it as a separate issue. Especially if you find it to be intermittent. If there’s a way for you to repeat it reliably report that too.

I was glad to have a successful landing and atc parking request while I was in my A-10 Thunderbolt, but I couldn’t taxi because of the wheel glitch. Happens on all of my planes. The wheel in the front doesn’t turn at all but the actual rudders do.