Nosewheel steering - simple workaround

Hi!.

Just wanted to share a simple workaround i found today rgd steering the aircraft on ground.

I have the following controls connected:

Honeycomb Alpha Yoke
Honeycomb Bravo Throttle
MFG Crosswind Pedals
Thrustmaster A320 joystick

As you may know, there is not a dedicated axis for the nosewheel, so you must use rudder axis to steer the aircraft on ground.

Also known, it is possible to assign combinations of buttons in MSFS.

So here’s what i did: For my A320 profile I assigned the rudder axis in combination to Joystick button 1
on the Thrustmaster stick. Ignore the error message that you cannot use a button for this, as you assign your axis in combination with it. Now, to use nose wheel steering, I just hold and press button 1 while using the twist axis to steer the aircraft on ground. Once you let go of button 1 the rudder axis on the Thrustmaster is not working.

Freddy

3 Likes

Interesting solution, but you might as well assign an axis to the joystick and rudder pedals. There’s no difference. I have Logitech 3d pro and Saitek rudder pedals for example. In other simulators, the Rz axis on the joystick is just to control the steering wheel axis. And the rudder pedals are for the yaw. But here the problem is not that, but that together with the rudder at low speeds and the front strut turns completely, although it should not (I’m talking about airliners), because we all know that the rudder pedals from the rotation of the steering wheel is limited (7 degrees for example 737), and from the tiller at 78 (737NG). That’s exactly what’s missing here.
By the way the axle itself for tiller can be assigned, but sim does not see it as an axle.