Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

Well you’re asking on the Longitude Mod thread; so I assume you already have the Longitude Mod installed and you want to know what other mods to add

Does any one know how to enable flight options and to be able to change the realism of the aircraft?

Just the mod and WorkingTitle G3000 mod, and to your second question, with the mod, it flies as close to the real thing as possible. Without it, not so much.

2 Likes

You can turn crash damage off. I’m not in the sim right now to tell you exactly what menu it’s in, but it’s possible to turn off crashes without turning down realism in other ways.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for your reply

I can’t remember if it’s ok to post Youtube videos here, if it’s not, feel free to delete, but this video is dedicated to @Dakfly0219 since it’s mainly because of his efforts and others like @mdapol, @TXTAVDan, @UnbilledLand644, etc, that we’re able to fly this jet happily.

It’s an old video I recorded several updates back (Note the G5000), and have been putting off editing until now. So, like and subscribe, it’s not a monetized channel.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tribute video @DiBarkis . Love it!

Hi Dakfly, the tribute is well deserved! I did experience something odd today flying KSLC–>KOAK. Major 70kt head wind and 50kt rt. cross wind @ FL 350 climbing on FLC at M.74 and the bird wouldn’t climb. Had to switch to VS @2000 FPM for a time, then at FL 380 went back to FLC up to FL430 and all good. I’ve flown your mod with WT mod hundreds of hours and it’s the first time I’ve experienced this. May be a WT thing, but just sharing this FYI.

Likely either an issue with WTG3k or, more likely, a sim bug, as the FLC system simulation is part of the stock avionics - don’t know if WT has tinkered with the FLC system at all, or if they even could.

Gotcha! Hope WT progresses the G3K/5K mod to working VNAV with RNAV LPV approaches. The “guidance” VNAV is nice but would be great to have more features like the NXi. Someday… :slight_smile:

Hey guys, do you get Pilot side black screen? I just got it randomly. Don’t know what I did… Screenshot - b8a0ee838c30349932dca497f178251e - Gyazo

Looks to me like your left and right main power bus switches are off. Also, hard to tell, but looks like generators, standby battery, etc…, aren’t in the on position.

1 Like

I’ve seen people talking about the HUD working but mine is still “inoperative”.

Also the flaps indicator on the MFD are not working (or maybe it’s in the HUD?). They were suppose to be fixed?
In fact I’m really not sure if the mod is correctly installed, but when I select the livery I can clearly see the name of it as described in the installation note.

The HUD is working in the CRJ and 787, not on the Longitude.

Just a FYI, the real Longitude does not have HUD yet.
We started some previsions for it but have yet to install a certified HUD system.

Matt from Working Tittle said that they will (re)work on Premium planes, inlcuding the Longitude.
Guess they will mostly touch the avionic side with the G5000 though

Dont know about your job’s NDA, but maybe some upclose pictures of the garmins sreens from a real Longitude would help them?

2 Likes

Pretty much find all that online.

Still wouldn’t hurt to send some. I think it’s a good suggestion. Also would save them the trouble of going to search online. Moreover most of the online stuff, I think are prototypical and might not represent current screens or whatever.

I am having problems dialing the speed knob. I can click with the mouse and everything is good, but I assigned it to encoders on my virpil throttle dialing to the left decreases and to the right increases. Problem is that minimum is 263kts and won’t let me go lower unless I use the mouse. Now this is not an analog dial. it’s just 3-button digital, one button left, one button right, one button push.

I use the same kind dial for altitude and heading, and I don’t have any problems with those. Also it doesn’t matter if speed is on MAN or FMS.

Anyone with similar problems?

Can someone explain the proper takeoff, climb out procedure, within the current limitations of the sim and mod? I set a speed for the auto throttle and altitude…Line up to takeoff and at around 50kts, I engage the auto throttle (I believe in the real world, the auto throttle automatically kicks in at 50). Rotate and takeoff and this is where I’m a little confused…On AP, what climb out mode should I engage to climb? In the CJ4, it’s FLC for climb usually…But engaging FLC in the Longitude, with a speed set, say 240kts…The engines spool up and I’m getting climb rates of like 5000-600fpm…Is that right?

I’ve used VS set to say 2000-2500 and have been using that instead of FLC, as that seems more normal to me but maybe I don’t understand the Longitude takeoff performance…