Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

Appreciate the heads up. Good idea to raise this as a bug. Probably changed to facilitate some aspect of Xbox control functionality. Would be nice to see them address this in a future update as it affects several of the aircraft models.

Actually, Jayne reached out to me after my post in the Dev update thread. KUDOS to her. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-discussion-september-9th-2020-development-update/451041/13

I had been digging in the common base AP files to see what hack I could come up with, but gave up. This should be a quick fix on their part which hopefully make it into the upcoming HF.

BTW, have you noticed changing the altimeter just reverts to what the wx engine is currently at? With either Live Wx or unreal wx mod Iā€™ve noticed if you try and change baro it starts to change, then just reverts to current conditions in sim. Both on master and backup gauges. If others are having this issue maybe another bug thread needs be started?

I own that. Only problem with it was the G3000 (1000) because of the tiny everything (magenta lines, aircraft symbol, etc.), and thatā€™s not even the fault of HotStart. It was a pleasure to fly, and everything was available including the feathering of the props, beta region of the throttle, LEDs accurately modeled and pulse light setting alternated the landing lightsā€¦ such a beauty! Unfortunately Iā€™ve uninstalled X-Plane from my PC, so that including the Cirrus SR22T by TorqueSim, are just biting the dust. I could no longer bear the not so good scenery and brownish color of everything in X-Plane. White airplanes look beigeā€¦

Iā€™ll miss both planes including the worthy Zibo mod :angry:.

1 Like

Yes great aircrafts. Nice that you recognize the difference. With x-plane next gen scenery will probably be better, you should fly them.
You could sell the torquesim to me if possible :grinning:

Heck No! I love it too much, if I ever go back to X-Plane, itā€™ll be because of them both. Because of it, Iā€™ve vowed not to touch the MSFS Cirrus even with a long pole. Itā€™s utterly disgusting to me, the cockpit is is so different from the RL one. Iā€™m the kinda guy that checks out a cockpit before flying. The airbus comes to mind. I hate that cockpit with a passion with all the photogrammetry or whatever they used to scan the IRL cockpit, they got the shapes all wrong. Iā€™m looking forward to the Phoenix. That one is spot on at least as far as cockpit is concerned.

Everything works great in Update 6 except I cannot tome down the realistic features a bit using the modern model. I was just cruising the Longitude at 15,000 at 315 kts and all of a sudden I get a stopped flight because I over Stressed the aircraft. Would it be possible to change the realism and turn it downs a bit but its greyed out.

Tone down and turn the realistic down to like 80%.

Was this caused by over-speed or were you maneuvering hard? Turbulence? It shouldnā€™t overstress due to overspeed condition below the 325 KIAS limit. That seems like a possible bug.

Were you flying on autopilot or manually? How close to the red line on the speed tape were you?

Neither. No turbulence or maneuvering hard. I was flying at 15,000 feet and leveled off. It over stressed and crashed at 316 Kts. It was on Auto pilot. I was about 9 kts away from 325 Kts. Red lined. Didnt do this before Update 6. I am also using a livery that confirmed working in Update 5.

When you say redlined, do you mean the overstress was due to overspeed, or did you mean that the airspeed gauge showed you were in the red. Also, were you flying in ā€œLiveā€ weather or were you using a preset weather condition?

I meant to say and sorry for the misinterpretation, I was at 316 Kts when it over stressed and not red lined. I was 9 kts. away from reaching the redline. I always flew this speed before without overstressing.
Yes, an overstress caused by speed but the airspeed was not in the red at the time nor did I get an airspeed warning. I was flying in real weather using Rex Wx Force 2000.

Was there a significant wind change or weather front change that may have triggered the aircraft being in an overspeed condition? I just performed a test using Live weather (with some serious turbulence and thunderstorm activity), 15,000 feet, on autopilot and the aircraft only overstressed once I was at about 330 knots for a few seconds. So the only thing I can think is that during your flight you had a sudden wind change (MSFS has a problem with very abrupt weather changes) and perhaps your weather add-on exacerbated the situation and put you in an overspeed condition.

Perfectly Calm as can be. Barely any wind. I was flying from KUGN to KMBS and just reaching Grand Rapids Michigan.

I donā€™t have a satisfactory explanation or theory. If this happens again please report.

Flight Realism is set to 100 across the board but all options are greyed out. Does anyone know how to enable realism for me to lower some of the flight options instead? I am running the flightsimulator exe is admin mode but that does not help. All options under flight options are greyed out.

Hey guys, I want to start flying this plane, apart from the mod, do you recommend me to install anything else to make it feel more real? (sound packs or any kind of thing)

And one more question? Is the plane ā€œcloseā€ to its real counterpart? Or is it super arcade?

Thanks!

download WT G3000

1 Like

Are you talking about the default Longitude or the modded Longitude?

I am asking which mods should I use for it and, once modded, if it is realistic or still arcade :smiley: