Not able to get full MP or RPM for take-off (maybe)

Been messing around with heli’s lately, but when I went back to the NXcub and 172 Skyhawk, something seems off to me. Could just be my poor memory, of course.

Problem is that with full throttle I can only get about 2300 RPM on the 172. With the NXCub I can get full RPM (red line), but max of about 24 on the MP. The performance that I think I remember just isn’t there.

I’ve removed all peripheral’s and add-on’s but still happening. Can anyone confirm what I’m experiencing is not the norm?

Hello there,

Thank you for your post! Your topic has been moved to a subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside of our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

That’s entirely possible due to a hot day, or high altitude.

Guess I should have mentioned I was at sea level and low 60’s F when I was testing.

What controller are you using? If you’re using a controller, have you checked that you get full travel of the controller axis in the sensitivity setting? If all of these seem ok, then reset the controller to default and start over. If you’re not using a controller, forget everything I just said. Hope you can solve this.

No controllers. I unplugged everything to make sure they weren’t the issue. I end up finding a support page on resetting MSFS to vanilla and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Just to clarify, you were not in the water, correct?
Sorry, bad humor.

What happens after takeoff and leveled out with full throttle? Does it speed up to full RPM at that point?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.