Not able to start a flight!

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. #pc

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?Microsoft Store version

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue:, flights won’t load ( loading progress bar is full but nothing start ) . i’ve noticed that this occurs for many flights using third-party airports . I was able to start flights using Asobo Airport (LFPG, KJFK)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: seems that third partyscenery not beeing able to be loaded when starting a flight

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: 1.20.6.0

I made a similar post as I’m having similar issues. I’ve heard it could be because of the REX airport textures (if you have them installed). I will need to experiment more after work.

Okay many thanks :grinning:, so I will removed Rex Textures for Now and will see if it’s better

Hi, By removing the Rex Aiport textures folder from ‘Community’, flights now loaded correctly !!! Happy that this has fixed this issues !

My game freezes on two different situations:

1. When zooming close to the ground on World Map Screen
  2. When loading flight (freezes on 75 %)

I have reinstalled the game. I cleared the Community folder. I have the latest Win 10 drivers, and Nvidia drivers. Every other game works perfectly – even from Xbox App. Flight Simulator has not been worked since October’s update. This is really stupid.

Does anyone have a proper solution for this? I think I have tried every forum tricks already.

1 Like

I have the same problem too.

Hey I think I found the solution to your problem:
In your file explorer go to: Boot(C:)\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
Now you will find a file named hosts. Open it and check if there are the lines:

127.0.0.1 kh.ssl.ak.tiles.virtualearth.net
127.0.0.1 khstorelive.azureedge.net

If yes:
With this file follow theses steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChusfjKkU58 .
Then open it and delete the lines above. Save the file and it should work.