Not happy about the state of the game, in some lights it comes shorter even from FSX

Luckily not all of us are looking for the same things. I’m having an absolute blast. I don’t ever remember ANY previous flight sim bringing the pure joy of flight.

3 Likes

Most of the replies are not on point, they are like “hey you have 2 grads with one who have a PhD and a toddler that ■■■■ himself, you should hire the toddler and spend time changing his diapers in the hope he will grow up do the schools get the PhD and then you can start to work with him instead of getting the other candidates that are already ready to work and experienced to do it, BTW the price is the same”

This is such a garbage comparison that it’s bordering on a troll post. You can’t be serious right?

I am dead serious, I wonder how come people comes up with claims that “it will become top notch” without any kind of announcement or committment from the SH itself and, not sure which is worse, happily willing to invest money getting the burden of a risk of failure without sharing any benefit if it succeed like they expect (or hope to), I get the BIAS for those who paid and now want to justify to themself they did the right thing but let’s be real, they should have released this at half the price if the state is this one.

1 Like

Turn off internet buddy. Clearly you can’t deal with it.

3 Likes

Ditto champ.

1 Like

I agree with most of what you said @ToedPrism1 . Some seem to be too focused on reminding others how great and amazing the game is claiming “it will be fixed”. They don’t know ofc…they hope. I won’t buy until it is ready (by my standards) but it’s scary when I read “half of it doesn’t work…but it’s fine”.

2 Likes

Nah dude they won’t fix it, they spent all this money, all this time, all those working hours to make a ■■■■■■■ technical marvel, literally the best looking sim ever created to date and they will abandon it unfixed in a few months because… idk fk it right? amazing metacritic scores from critics, tons of people playing on the game pass and not just buying the game, but actually buying the most expensive Premium Deluxe package.

Nah, throw it out, burn it, nobody wants this Sim, not the Devs, not Microsoft and not us the community, game is dead, no future at all.

1 Like

Not that I don’t trust you…but I rather see a clear developement roadmap from the devs instead of John Doe’s “it haS amaziNg MetAcRitic reVIews…oFc it Will be fixed, Duh!” warranty. But hey…that’s just me after 6 months testing this thing.

1 Like

Microsoft pulled the plug on the last one didn’t they? What’s to stop someone in Redmond making the same decision again?

Lets face it, all releasing the game has accomplished right now is highlight how out of date Bing maps is compared to Google.

1 Like

Well boys I guess in a year or so we’ll know who was right and who was wrong, won’t we?

Let’s postpone this until then.

1 Like

That’s it, hopefully it solves most of the shortcomings and nobody spends time in this kind of debates.

1 Like

Well this will be on DR as they told before on their site, and just found this, monthly update. this was 2 day ago.“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rl_onmgoV8&feature=youtu.be&t=2997

1 Like

The good question would then be: why would someone want to get it now rather than wait for those definetly important things to get on the game and get it at a lower price instead?
There’s clearly no advantage or reason to get it at the current state unless you want to look at the terrain in the current state, so I can’t reccomend it to anyone besides people that want to play with a stunning graphic only

Oh lord help me

you can literally pull that logic on every single thing that exists

if you want to wait then wait, some people, surprise surprise, want to play this sim now, I know, freaking shocking right? or perhaps people just want to be part of the ride and help the developers with bug reporting and posting cool ideas in the wishlist section of the forums?

if you don’t feel like you can recommend this to anyone then don’t, you don’t owe anyone here anything, not the community and not the developers.

1 Like

That’s some faulty logic, simulators usually don’t come out with main pieces of the things they want to simulate absent, I got FSX day 1 and P3D the same month it was released, tried XPLANE maybe 2 weeks after the demo was available and they all had the important parts there, maybe bugged in some ways but there.
This doesn’t, it defy the purpose of making a simulator and, as surprising as it may be to your mind, you paid full price for something not even based on promises but people’s expectation.
That’s your money and you can do whatever you want with them, even burn them, but if we are discussing common sense you should not burn money and you should not toss 120+€ plus addons money on something based on expectations.

I put 1$ for it because it’s on the game pass.

but whatever, that’s besides the point.

I’m also going to call you out on your bs, no way in hell you were playing FSX day 1 and now acting like it was all fine and dandy, the thing was a bloody mess, just like MSFS2020, but at least MSFS2020 looks brilliant and I have full confidence Asobo and MS will easily make this title a thing to remember.

But believe or do whatever you want mate, we’ll truly see who was right or wrong in a year, so lets postpone this until then.

1 Like

fsx was a slide show until 2010 hardware. it was unplayable for almost 4 years lol

4 Likes

Thank you, finally someone who knows wtf was going on with FSX, so many people here go “Uhh FSX works so well this game sucks!”

Bloody heck mates, those people NEVER went close to FSX during it’s initial release, the game was broken beyond words, people literally were pulling miracle voodoo CMD commands and changed in-game files to squeeze an extra 2 FPS just to be able to take-off from a tiny green strip runway in a tiny jungle because cities would cause mega PC’s at the time to blue screen or outright CTD, game was unplayable!

but look! look at it now! it’s glorious! and there’s so many addons that make it even better!

And you know what? the same exact thing will happen to MSFS2020! it’s also going to get better and get amazing addons, so yes, i’m bloody excited for it and I’m not faulting the game or MS or Asobo for being wonky right now and missing features, all of that will come, just bloody wait with some patience.

1 Like

It’s wonderful how you are completely missing the point that I was making, I never said it was smooth, it was buggish, it was a mess, autopilot was like on drugs, the multiplayer exploded more often than it was working, my 5000$ PC was barely able to make it run on medium settings back then, BUT it had the foundations of all the important features, that’s what I said.
Sure if they will add them after I will be the happiest man on earth to run my IFRs with a stunning graphic, with a friend as a copilot, directly connected to each other, with a fking tornado running on us, pulling up failures to run the emergency checklist etc.
Right now, for me, it’s unplayable and that’s not a graphic or computational power issue, it just miss the basic features I look for into a flight simulator.
So, I am not happy, I am disappointed and I will be so until the day you keep phropetizing will come, that day I’ll happy toss some hundred dollars between the game, the addons and whatever, until that day I will not and divert people who asks me to other products.
That’s all.

2 Likes