Not interested in Fs2024

Not interested in this…Adventures, carreers etc, gimmicks are not what MSFS is about for me.
It looks to me as if this MS2024 is a fancy looking flying GAME aimed at the novice console user.
Looking forward to continuing development of FS2020 as a true SIMULATOR which has realism as its ultimate goal.

48 Likes

I was just going to post some similar wording! FS2024 seems to be focused on the gaming element as you say, which is not interesting for me either.

10 Likes

Well this is news :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

See you in the skies in FS2024 with even better realism.

From a console gamer who currently likes simming in fs2020

30 Likes

Yeah the only flying people are allowed to do is basic point to point in a metal tube. Smh

21 Likes

All I can say is Qapla’

2 Likes

If they follow the previous history of MSFS and the development model of all other major sim developers then MSFS (2020) won’t be getting significant updates once MSFS 2024 is live.

2 Likes

It’s like the Ford Sierra. Nobody wanted one. Then everybody had one.

16 Likes

I think Microsoft and asobo are going in the wrong way, leaving the path of real simulation to lead on arcade gaming.

when flying, I am not interested in animation, and things like that.

but definetely there some other options from where to choose.

4 Likes

True.

But I’m not sure those other options are great at the moment. A year down the road though it might be a different story. Competition is a great thing.

I disagree. The “arcade” simmer market is MUCH bigger than the “real” simmer market.
Money made from that larger market can subsidize development of “real” simmer features in the same product.

17 Likes

Hmm. Let us suppose, for example, that building powerlines with a helicopter had always been part of the base game of 2020. Only it wasn’t scored or part of a career, just a feature you could do any time with conditions you specify as to location, type of helicopter, weather conditions, etc. IOW, just another option out there along with flying a tubeliner across the country, visiting POIs in a small plane, etc. Would you not say that this activity requires a fair degree of skill? And that this skill would require serious practice and dedication to develop? Would you denigrate this skill in those who took the time to develop it? Would you call such people casual “novice console users”? I think not.

My point, which 2024’s trailer illustrates, is that aviation has MANY more applications than just monitoring the autopilots of tubeliners from gate to gate. I would even say that tubeliners are WAY more accessible to casual players than helicopters (or cropdusting), in terms of the flying skills required, because tubeliners are on autopilot for 99% of their time, and often (especially for long-haul flights), the “serious simmer” is asleep or at work for most of the flight.

That all said, however, I’m not interested in 2024, either. If it had been (or, as I suspect, remained as) an optional DLC, I might have gotten it for the cropdusting. I probably wouldn’t have followed the scripted career, just as I don’t do bush trips, but instead of would have dusted random spots of my own choosing when I felt like it. BUT, because I strongly suspect that 2024 is really just 2020 with career mode pasted on (plus the usual amount of incremental updates here and there to the base system), I’m not interested. Why pay full “new product” price for what is essentially a DLC I’m not particularly interested in?

22 Likes

It’s the same sim mate, you’ll still be able to do everything you can in MSFS 2020, they showcased the missions mode because they were launching the trailer at an Xbox event, for gamers.

It’s an optional new feature, not a devolution of the sim into an arcade game.

Xbox is where they make the bulk of their money now, so they strive to appeal to both markets.

At the flight sim expo later this month they will doubtless reveal more about the sim, but with the emphasis being on technical systems, weather, physics models etc, you know the kinds of things that those who attend flight expos will care about.

Even the most learned professors talk to children and dogs differently than they do to adults.

17 Likes

I keep seeing this argument pop up and I don’t quite understand it. I hope someone can explain it to me.

In the last 3 years we have seen so much development dedicated to “real simulation” and the open template that offers. So what is it that causes people to think we’re about to leave that path and go arcade?

What I see is a (probably not, but maybe?) properly fleshed out missions system (which we’ve never had yet, and had to get from 3rd parties) along with seasons and potentially graphics upgrades. Maybe we’ll get lucky and get an ATC or ground handling upgrade too.

So where does this come from?

11 Likes

These topics keeps getting better.

11 Likes

Really wanted to know this. If you’re not interested in 2024 it’s ok. But we don’t need to know this. What’s up with you folks? Until Sunday I really enjoyed this Forum. Where were all you grinches hiding before ? :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I think they were in the bug reports section. That area always felt dangerous.

4 Likes

“Even the most learned professors talk to children and dogs differently than they do to adults”

I was kind of with you there until this line. This is a beauty.

Just wondering what this makes me, as someone who used several older versions of MSFS on PC, but now uses a Series X? - a talking dog? :joy:

Just kidding really, and I do get where you’re coming from, but I do think there’s an underlying bias against console users that doesn’t take to long to bubble up in certain situations.
I like to think that itis possible to be a simmer with serious intent on a console.

4 Likes

I AM interested in 2024. I love the whole concept. I hope they have “GA Pilot” mission, where I can drive my car up to my plane, preflight, check the oil, hop in, and fly away, maybe even model some hamburger joints walkable from airports we can walk to at destinations… If the tools are there, I’ll model some :smiley:

7 Likes

Which wasn’t even the first time Ford had to deal with ‘nobody is going to want one of those death traps’

But yeah. It’s still a ways out and we have very little information. Could be something yet revealed that suddenly changes everyones mind