Nothing has been fixed (WU6)

Contrary to the patch notes, World Update 6 has fixed nothing.

At Live Weather, the ATC still constantly whines to “expedite my climb” to whatever altitude they want, even though I’m already there. Therefore it’s still unusable.

Night lighting is completely broken, however.

This is getting maddening now. Every update breaks something and does not fix anything. And we have to wait a full month, praying that next time it might be fixed. This is ridiculous.

Edit: CTDs are still just as prevalent as well (on Xbox at least).

80 Likes

It says in the release notes they would fix the atc altitude issue.

9 Likes

They didn’t. And the wind speed/direction changes randomly and erratically still, throwing the plane around.

6 Likes

Hotfix in a few days then…rofl…we can only hope…oh well back to guessing what altitude atc think I’m at after 18000ft…

3 Likes

They also introduced a lot of scenery issues! Noticed a lot of them on lake constance (Bodensee).
For example the following “thing”:

3 Likes

I have to add though that the sim hasn’t crashed for me yet, so that’s something. Although I’ve only been flying for around half an hour.

2 Likes

I like this one too :smiley:

Not only the AI aircraft don’t have lights, now nothing has. :rage:

6 Likes

The night lighting is literally hilarious :rofl::rofl::rofl:

How can they release this? Its unbelievable. No one thought to test flying at night even once?

Does anyone know whether its also broken on xbox?

35 Likes

I play on Xbox so yes, it’s the same.

2 Likes

It’s a complete joke on series x and I can’t even get to fly and three different airports and all freeze on loading after clicking ready to fly!
Heathrow, Frankfurt and Zurich. Ironically two of these airports part of the world update and it’s a real joke and shameless if you ask me.

2 Likes

Add:

• mouse go to upper-left corner
  • trim is broken
  • you can’t control anything while moving head with the right mouse button

And of course, it continues to CTD randomly

REMEMBER ASOBO/MS: Before SU5 everything works fine

16 Likes

Totally rollback to SU4 and you have a decent simulator again.

However what happened is they needed to get out the Xbox version so now they should rename this product to VFR fly around take nice photos for a bit simulator.

Rollback to SU4 simple!

16 Likes

dont buy anything from the marketplace or 3rd parties

you will see ho wfast we have our old sim back

sad sad sad

18 Likes

Can someone create a thread “Rollback to SU4” with VOTE option?
I don’t know how to do it.

21 Likes

Unfortunately this is not possible. SU4 is a different game. In fact, starting with SU5, you were slipped into a completely different product designed for cross-platform work. Because of this, all problems and deterioration in quality.

Now we are playing a different game than the one we bought.

ps: and voting on the forum is disabled)))

22 Likes

As a software developer since 91 (or 92 lol) this bug is a clear signal that they loose the orientation in their life cycle dev system.
In all my old companies something like that can sent you home very easy

15 Likes

You can split source code in two different branches and sell a sim to PC users and a ■■■■ to console users. Small effort

2 Likes

This one is great too (germany after WU6).
I guess the name should have been “World Downgrade 6”

8 Likes

Check this one … and not even the needed stuff is fixed … we get this as a bonus

24 Likes