Nothing has been fixed (WU6)

I tried to start MFS today 8th September 2021 but was advised there was a mandatory update available and to update from Microsoft store before launching. I could not find an update for MFS in Microsoft store even though it showed it was installed. Have tried to start several times but keep getting same message. Not sure what is going on.

The whole practice of hotfix patching is a complete joke at this point. Glarring QoL issues and other breaking issues are simply allowed to stay in the game for months on end (literally, not even hyperbole at this point) instead of actually just being… fixed continuously alongside the sim updates.

The free content is nice, but it’s of no use if the core sim keeps being broken and useless. It’s super frustrating.

7 Likes

That’s not a bug. It’s satellite data obscured by real world CLOUD which hasn’t been manually clean up by hand YET.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound like it (see recent comments)-

1 Like

We now have a ‘safe mode’ option on the next launch if the sim crashes, which will disable all 3rd party content.

Unfortunately the runway crash that caused this CTD in the first place is still present. Hopefully SU6 will rectify it…

1 Like

Here’s one person reporting on long flight problem. Still there apparently after WU6 -

1 Like

Now I’ve had enough of this toy. I can not stand this white dot and all the other errors. Back to a real flight simulator P3D

2 Likes

I did a night flight last night in the FBW A320

Altitude bug is fixed flying at FL 300
Night lighting looked good flying into LOWG
FPS stayed at locked 40 FPS, apart from having to readjust graphic setting in nvidia control panel and adjusting my cooling fans
Due to running the pre caching on ultra and LOD at 200 everything was great using all mods and a TUI livery , navigraph was fine

Only a small caveat, the FBW A32nx did deviate from the flight plan so needed a bit of manual intervention and missed a waypoint in the STAR into LOWG but I suspect FBW will fix that in an update

So overall pleased with the first flight in WU6 but time will tell

2 Likes

I don’t think the choice of beta participants is the issue. Just that mostly nothing is done with the feedback. For example the high GPU usage in menu bug (and many others) has been reported already during the tech alpha more than a year ago. What changed? Nothing.

3 Likes

.) What about the memory leak problem which prevents flights longer than ~ 1.5 hrs due to CTD? Is this fixed? I consider this a game breaking bug. :pensive:
Fixed in my PC, at least during my yesterday’s session. 4h flight with no performance degradation

.) Is the black screen bug fixed?
Never experienced this so I don’t know

.) What about ATC ordering climbs and descents randomly? Any improvement?
Altitude is now fixed, but apparently he has issues with AI traffic’s altitudes

.) What about (offline) AI traffic? Still causing CTDs when enabled?
My 4h flight was with AI enabled and did not crash, so seems fixed

.) Is the vanishing mouse cursor bug fixed?
Never experienced this except while using PACX, but that is a third party issue

.) What about the HOTAS not saving the sensitivity settings after exiting the sim? Is this fixed now?
No idea, but the update did not claim to fix it, this is a world update after all, so don’t expect it to be fixed

.) A minor point: what about airport buildings not be present at many airports, just floating fingerdocks? Any improvements?
In the airports I flew to yesterday everything was there, tons of them have been improved this patch, so should be fixed

Any information would be much appreciated and I thank you in advance for any response

3 Likes

No nothing has been fixed for me the GAME still will not load since UP5 CTD, so I can not tell what it is like.
Still if all the XBOX usesers are happy that’s all right then, with all the eye candy.

2 Likes

99.9% of users can load the sim just fine, so it must be something with your PC, have you tried a clean install?
If you have try in a different SSD, since some files might have remained there.

Also, it is important that you are not using any mods when you launch it for the first time.

Try giving some information so we can help you instead, like your PC specs

Thank you for the response. Since you are obviously on PC, is it all true for Xbox Series X also?

Mostly, the only issue I have found that cannot be solved in xbox rn is night lightning, since the workaround for the bug is to use render scaling at 100 and xbox is using a different setting (probably 70-80%) that cannot be changed.

Expect a hotfix for that in a few days though.

Overall the patch has solved all major issues, thankfully popping and serious stutters when panning the camera around are not there anymore, and CTD have been significantly reduced.

1 Like

Ok, again thank you for your detailed response. Much appreciated! :pray:

You cant be serious, the hudge performance increase after SU5 is worth it even if it has some bugs

2 Likes

No problem, here to help! :smiley:

what

4 Likes

Dont think it was well understood.
Its not that we dont want tooltips at all.

They’re just sooo big now. Would it be possible to shrink them like they were before SU5? (or give us a slider to adjust their size)

1 Like

I’m agree with you. I try update6 yesterday and it’s too bad for performance! I prefer SU5 with better performance even there are minor bugs.

That’s odd indeed. I would have thought that the Xbox would be set to 100 (render native display resolution) as it’s default.

1 Like