Nothing has been fixed (WU6)

If stability is what you want then that’s absolutely the LAST thing you wanna ask for…

3 Likes

guys anyone else still getting ctd every time they hit the fly button? i have uninstalled and reinstalled the sim after this wu6 and still nothing. Any pointers or is this a busted as of now? pls help!

I agree with the night lighting, there isn’t any real lights, it seems they apply some shine to urban areas but buildings have no actual lights:

But they fixed a lot of things, not all of them are in patch notes:

• The ultra setting of the pre-caching works great and only seems to cost RAM and no CPU/GPU power,
  • Wind gusts are back, that was the biggest bug for me. Realistic flight without wind gusts is not possible.
  • The grainy raymarched reflections seem to be fixed, at least on ultra.
  • LOD distances seem to be fixed, for instance i can see Manhattan again from KJFK.

For me this is the best update since release.

10 Likes

It’s a scenery update not a bug fix one. They alternate. I thought people knew that…

2 Likes

I have tested to set wind gusts in the weather settings after wu6. There are still no wind gusts. Please post a Screenshot to proof that the wind gusts works for you. I can’t believe it.

1 Like

Looking on the bright side again :wink:

2 Likes

Because it was communicated to us that there would be bug fixes in this update, and that they had 1.5 months to fix stuff!

4 Likes

I have seen at least 15 posts here, and on other forums by users praising the new scenery cache system and stating how much better it looks with the new slider set to “ultra”, so one of the promised fixes certainly appears to be working for some. I have seen reports that the ATC altitude bug is fixed, and others that say it is not. I don’t use ATC myself, so I have no way of confirming that.

I did a nighttime flight last night (in SU5) from KALB to KPHL in the C208. I am repeating the flight right at this moment in WU6 with the same airplane and flight plan (with the time set to force nighttime conditions). It looks no different.

I’m not saying there is not a lot of room for improvement in the night lighting, there definitely is - but I see no detectable difference whatsoever in the night lighting between SU5 and WU6.

1 Like

They clearly mention a couple of bug fixes in the release notes.

This bug was introduced in world update 5, I assumed that with this world update 6 this terrain problem would disappear, but it was not like that. This white texture error continues in most of South America areas where there are no satellite images, very disappointed.

They’re minimal. They always are on WUs. There are WUs and SUs. This is not new…

So I’ve been out for the day (UK) and as Ive got back later than expected, I haven’t done the update yet. Going by the response on the forum, I might just hold back :joy:. I know that there are many on here that don’t want to see negativity, but come on, what do you really expect? The bottom line is, when you buy a product, you expect that product to work and work to its full potential. I’ve said all along. What asobo/microsoft are wanting to achieve is a monumental task and I think it’s just not do-able right now. You wouldn’t release a racing game with it stuck in 1st gear or a war game where you only have a hammer as weapon and everyone else has guns. I’ve worked in the Airport/Airline industry and it is sooo complex and to put all that complexity into a game/simulator…it’s far from going to happen anytime soon.

4 Likes

You should do a better job of reading release notes.

2 Likes

True. But with such a time gap people will (rightfully) assume that minimal bugs would be fixed as well. Even since WU’s don’t seem to update that much in that one promised area.

1 Like

I read them just fine. I also, with almost 1800 hours flown on this thing, know what to expect on a WU vs a SU. 'Also not having any of these issues. My sim works great. Maxed out settings with 120 scaling. Good luck…

The graph is broken but the gusts are there. Lol had a tough ride for once :slight_smile:
This was on autopilot it could barely control the plane. Nice!

You must have missed the specific fixes they listed that would be released with THIS update then, that actually have not been fixed.

2 Likes

I also had some strong gusts today with live weather over Midwest USA. This seems to have been improved.

1 Like

Nothing changed in reference to the LOD = 9 issue
and change in the UserCfg.opt file.

Perhaps the update has a bug. When is Sim Update 6 due? Maybe then? :slightly_smiling_face: