Nothing has been fixed (WU6)

What the heck happened with night lighting? It’s completely broken and absolutely unusable! There is an annyoing bug on the textures around your plane that they are always the same and they mix with the land textures, absolutely terrible and awful looking!

I’ve did some night test flight and it doesn’t matter the graphical settings (I’ve all set to Ultra) and if it’s live weather, live traffic (real time or selected time), it happen with all kind of planes…

How to solve it??

You need to install the “XBox” app from the store first… that is the official workaround.

3 Likes

THANKS! That was it.

Thanks, that’s exactly the issue. I had to increase the render scale to 125% due the downgrade in the sharpness in SU5. It’s incredible they don’t test these things before releasing the patch!!!

Also I made a 2 hours IFR flight and the ATC still don’t work properly.

Did you consider the local transition altitude? I just flew from LSZH to LIRF with live weather, in Zürich I had baro 30.15 and Rome 30.10. FL370 with STD one and no complaining from the ATC.

On Xbox there’s no way to adjust the render scale so we’re stuck with this for the time being.

2 Likes

It was already installed -or, at least the “Game Bar” was. So, as instructed, I opened it and then closed it. I then looked for the update - “Your apps are all up to date” Still stuck. :frowning:

It’s not the game bar. There’s another Xbox app. It’s just “Xbox.”

1 Like

I made a two hours IFR (EDAC-LIMF with the King Air, roleplaying in Neofly). Everthing was going fine until the approach. I was descending from FLC310 with plenty of miles and time as instructed by the ATC. Suddenly he started to change the flight level request every 20 seconds, saying 6300feet, then 6900feet, then 6300feet again, like 10 or 12 times, while I was still about 20 thousand feet. When on required 6300 feet (tuned the baro with destination ATIS airport) he missed the final 4000 feet level request necessary to capture the ILS.

I’ve experienced some bugs with the ATC before (including the continuous request of FLC when manual flight plan is introduced, not if planned from the map world), but I did not seen anything like this before.

I had not.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Too bad they didn’t get a chance to make this right before they released.

I don’t have comments for all of these but here are some updates:

• Anti-Aliasing still a big issue. Just as bad as Sim Update 5 –
    • Known issue. Bug has been logged and the team is working on it.
  • No lights on AI planes. Vatsim is a ghost town and almost unplayable due to being unable to spot other planes
    • Known Issue. Current target is SU6 but can’t confirm 100%.
  • Mouse issues: the mouse still pops up, double vision, in VR while using a controller
    • Known Issue. Current target is SU6 but can’t confirm 100%.
  • Unable to disable White Dot (seriously? How hard can it be to add a “Enable/Disable” button in the settings menu?)
    • Feedback has been sent to the team, no updates to share.
  • VR settings menu is missing the terrain pre-cache option (can be fixed in usercfg file for now)
    • Bug logged and the team is working on it. Workaround: Set Render Scale to 100 for PC Users. No known workaround for Xbox players at this time.
  • Tooltips still enlarged and obtrusive (seriously? the old tooltips were excellent. Can we please have an option to have a true legacy mode for these and revert them back to Sim Update 4)
    • This feature is for Accessibility. Turn off Tooltips in the Accessibility Menu
  • Eye with the arrow still pops up when tooltips are enabled
    • This feature is for Accessibility. Turn off Tooltips in the Accessibility Menu
20 Likes

Here I was thinking I was clever by disabling internet while launching the game (thinking I could stay on SU5) but nope of course they’ve thought of that! Wouldn’t allow a launch.

So here I go updating. Reading peoples comments on here have made me ready for more disappointment.

I’ve spent a ton of money on this game and 1 year later this is what I’ve got. I will not spend another penny until Microsoft/Asobo get it together. This is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Marshaller batton still missing…

3 Likes

What do you have? I have a pretty ■■■■ impressive and gorgeus simulator for my entertainment and enjoyment.

1 Like

Yah, ATC altitude bug still there for sure.

1 Like

Please, read the feedback at the zendesk…

Thank you for the updates! That does sound hopeful and I appreciate the follow up.

With regards to the enlarged tooltips and eye with arrow, I am not looking for a way to disable them. Rather, I am requesting that we have an option to revert to the style that we had before Sim Update 5. Those tooltips worked much better for PC users who play on a monitor, and they showed crucial information like percentage of throttle/mixture/etc (which is missing from the updated tooltips).

Additionally, I am requesting an option to have the the eye with the arrow disabled, but while having the tooltips enabled like we had before. To me, that eye is totally unnecessary as I know where the knob is located especially if I just moved my mouse over it to see the tooltip.

13 Likes

This is a great update. I was very vocal about the last one, but I haven’t experienced any issues whatsoever as of yet. Stuttering seems to have been vanquished and the new cache feature also gets rid of the nasty LOD pop-in.

1 Like