November 18, 2021 Update MSFS drastic decrease Frame rate

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store version
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
November 18, 2021 Update MSFS drastic decrease Frame rate
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Flyinside Helicopter AT CYTZ AIRPORT
on runway ready for take off
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Intel® Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Did you remove Community addons before update?

As I have no fps issues.

i guess you have turned on dx12

1 Like

I enabled DX12 and and i went up 5 or so fps…a few others ive seen on fb has had little to nochange or they get the issue you have… it’s definitely going to be hit or miss due to the unlimited amount of pc configs in the world

Are you using Live Weather? The new atmospheric haze and mist can cause a hit on the framerate, while people flying in clear skies might be shrugging this off.

I remove all files from the Community Folder prior to updating MSFS 2020.

My Settings are all set at their maximum.

Live weather is also Enabled.

I had this same issue. Tuned some of my settings a bit, and it seems my FPS drops mainly when photogrammetry is turned on. If I turn it off and leave everything else on, performance returns to normal. I discovered this when I went outside the plane and started panning around with my camera.

I also received a bandwidth limitation error while panning around. Which doesn’t make any sense because my bandwidth is unlimited. Maybe the photogrammetry data is somehow capped by mistake, but not by a setting in game, but rather in the flight sim engine code itself?

There’s something the main thread is doing which is causing the poor performance. If I turn off photogrammetry, the performance and main thread usage (or frametime) returns to normal.

For me switching from DX12 to DX11 brought the biggest improvement. I got nearly 10-12 more frames in all environments. With DX12 it was nearly not possible to play. Now nice and stable with 80% rendering 4K and High-End settings…

Try locking in game vsync to 30 and restart the game…leave other vsync nvdia/amd alone and see how that works…your fos will go beyond 30fps

This is an nvidia issue. Havent heard of someone having a problem with an AMD GPU. Yet.

March 27, 2022
My COMPUTER SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Core™ i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz, 3,000 Mhz, 18 Cores, 36 logical
MOTHERBOARD: ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING II
INSTALLED RAM: 256 GB (256 GB usable) Kingston Fury Beast 3200MHz DDR4
SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
WINDOWS: Windows 11 Pro
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
DRIVE: NVMe Sabrent Rocket 4.0 Plus 4TB

My MSFS Settings are all on its maximum settings.

MY MSFS Frames Per Second is 10 to 20 or less

I Dont undertsnad why my system is producing such Extreme Low Frame Rates

MY PC has all windows updates
My MSFS has all current updates
My Nvidia Graphics has all current Updates

Just because you have a Super computer doesn’t mean you will have free issues.

Its a balance of settings that make or break it.

Have you tried it with Live Traffic off, from my understaing it is very hard on resources.

MSFS 2020 Aviation Traffic Settings

Aircraft Traffic Type set to real-time online the simulator stutters horribly frequently and randomly.

The frame rate is between 5 and 12.

With it set to AI offline and set to 25, the frame rate is the same however the helicopter does fly smoother.

Aircraft Traffic Type set to off the frame rate is 9 to 12 fps and the helicopter fly’s smoothly, really smooth.

At Helisimmer.com another reply to me request for help has said MSFS 2020 does not make use of CPU’s with multiple threads. If this is true then this explains everything as to all the problems associated with poor frame rates and poor MSFS 2020 performances.

I m flying in CYTZ location.

In Data Settings and turning off Live Real-World Air Traffic made no difference in frame rates.