November 9th, 2023 Development Update Blog Discussion

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

This is one of the most exciting marketplace updates we’ve had for a while, in my opinion! The Wren, the Legacy Collection and the Southern Aurora packs on Xbox!

I’m intrigued by the enhanced photo pack…

What exactly is this Legacy Collection from GotFriends?

All of their planes that are offered for free outside of the MP. Like their Savage mod and such…

Savage Carbon
SAVAGE Grravel
Monster NX Cub
Vertigo
MXA
Lake Skipper

Apparently 4.99 is the lowest rate for Devs on MP. Guess we aren’t going to see that freeware section anytime soon. I’ll be purchasing anyway to support this dev as always! :smiley:

10 Likes

The enhanced coastline photogrammetry mod is a great one. I just tried Marseille (France) and Split (Croatia) on Xbox series X and the coastline is a lot cleaner and all the marinas and harbours are nice and visible. No sign of impact on performance.
It apparently covers all coastline (riverside ?) TIN cities. Hope it will be updated when new TIN cities arrive.

4 Likes

Hm so the ini A320Neo may hit the SU14 beta after all.

What do you mean?

This:

I assumed it would be left out like the A310 was with the SU11 Beta.

5 Likes

A320neo possibly included in beta is huge! Add to that the Juice Goose, Got Friends Legacy pack, and GORGEOUS FlightBeam KMSP, what a fun update. Thursdays are my favorite.

Where are the version history updates? I checked Van’s RV-10 and the C510 Mustang, but no version history updates.

I think there’s only one update for the mustang

Would there be any conflict between the older Nordic release and this one? No elevation problems for example. I did a first ever flight in this area, and saw a graphic elevation problem rolling in front of me. Not sure how to explain it.

As someone who doesn’t buy gotfriends products there isn’t much in this update for me.

Avionics going blank is still an issue. Doesn’t matter if add ons are installed or not. Pretty upsetting that this issue has been going on for 3 years now and has yet to be addressed. Pretty game breaking.

1 Like

Have done likewise - their releases always have a lot of character and, while actual 'free’ware on console would be the ideal, we are where we are. Besides, under £5 for a bundle of planes ain’t too bad at all - especially if it encourages them them to release other stuff in the future.

I also picked up Enhanced Photogrammetry tonight, and so far have been very impressed. Everywhere ive looked so far has had nicely defined waterfront lines and plenty of little marinas and such.
It’s hard to say definitively where something has changed or not, but the best thing is, absolutely no boats / docks flickering in and out on the water surface. :grinning:

Here’s a few screenshots from around Portland, Or. and one from Vancouver, B.C.

6 Likes

We have got a discount on the 3 french airbases made by Miltech and partner. Thank you. Now it’s time for the
CJ Simulations Rafale.

Stutters and black screens on cirrus on Fly Tampas Schipol - X Box latest Beta - disappointing though not a surprise

5 Likes

Thx. You saved me 21 euros.

And it gets promoted for Xbox even on this week’s blog. What are you guys thinking, honestly.

5 Likes

I’m on beta so to be fair may be adding issues and Fly Tampa don’t have a great history of optimising successfully. I’ll keep updating as the beta progresses - be great to have this airport working well

1 Like

Would you mind checking if the severn bridge near bristol UK has been done?