Now it's clear MSFS2020 is a beta release

I feel we’ve been testing the base game all along. And now have to buy the final product. But hey, it’s only business.

70 Likes

Best summary of MSFS2020/24 issue so far.

13 Likes

Beta? We’re still alpha testing ATC :smile:

47 Likes

And the first, and subsequent version of MSFS 2024 won’t be beta versions ?

there will always be 2024 beta version being released for Community testing, – at least until MSFS 2028 !

3 Likes

Hope they can get rid of the White-Dot in FS24.

11 Likes

this is your first flight sim, right? Welcome to the sEriOus siMMeRs™ community

4 Likes

Software releases, if successful, almost without exception have a stand-alone sequel, bringing to the party technical improvements and lessons learnt from the previous version. Why do you expect MSFS to be any different?

9 Likes

Because MSFS is incomplete and buggy. They’ve been working on a sequel while slow to make core features of a sim function properly (ATC?).

There’d be no issue if 2020 had released and was currently in a better state

15 Likes

Let’s talk about really nice discounts to already sim owners and of course not officialy recongized QA testers for starters.

4 Likes

At least MSFS 2024 would help to explain the apparent slow down in fixing issues in 2020.

In hindsight, it should have been obvious !!

Hopefully, with the new infusion of 2024 and a significant recruitment of addition staff at Asobo for MSFS, progress will pick up.

10 Likes

I am firm in my belief that the initial summer 2020 release was effectively MS giving us paid access to the alpha except unlike other companies they didn’t call it an early-access alpha even though it shipped with tons of broken and missing features.

But what’s clear here, and is a big pivot from the impressions I’ve got from some of the q&a sessions, is that MSFS as a long-term, evolving platform doesn’t work unless they can paywall the updates every few years. This is the tradeoff for such a bandwidth-heavy game not being on a subscription.

4 Likes

What if the white dot is why they have to make a new sim :laughing: It’s holding the whole thing together

8 Likes

Good point.
I never thought of that one… :rofl:

I absolutely agree with you. I assume (which is dangerous) I know that when we first saw 2020 in pre release videos etc we were mesmerised by what we saw and what we were told we were going to get. Now fast forward two years of what now appears to be paid for beta testing and we find out that ms/asobo are going run us into a blind alley and mug us yet again. I have an expression for them that unfortunately would get me removed from the forums but you folks won’t have to think too hard to roughly work it out.

11 Likes

Wow, are you serious???

Yeah, it definitely looks like they’re leaving 2020 incomplete.

16 Likes

And if that results in MSFS 2024 being all the better for concentrating all their resources on it rather than keeping on with MSFS 2020 as well then that’s excellent news for the future.

Yep. I am.
It’s big business. Sorry but that’s how it works. Promise the earth. Sell what you come up with.
I have spent 40 odd years working with for and sometimes against big business. Never forget that customer service is usually code for lip service. I have seen people employed to invent blue sky thinking ways to entice the hard earned cash from good honest folks hands for something that they thought they would need or already had.
So you bet I’m serious. I got 2020 virtually on release,we were told that it would evolve into the greatest simulation/ game that had ever been seen. Having said all of the above I’ll let you decide what is going on.

9 Likes

Lol, if you’re only realising all this now… It’s fantastic to see Flight Sim head in to the NG, particularly for casual gamers. :slight_smile:

We were? Who by? I think it is the best FS I have ever seen in the last 40 years (by a long way). Tell me another one that is better and I’ll go play it. (I’ve played all of the well known ones btw but am willing to learn if something has passed me by)

2 Likes