Now MSFS only runs in safe mode!

Nvidia installed a new version of The Nvidia Experience and since then is crashes. It runs fine in Safe Mode. I uninstalled the Experience and it’s still the same. MSFS says it’s probably because of problems with third-part add-ons. But I haven’t got any !

Uninstall the Nvidia experience? Just a thought and its badly written bloat ware imho.

Might need to completely clean install by removing Nvidia drivers completely and reinstalling, and don’t forget to clear the windows shader cache.

1 Like

As mentioned, get rid of it.

Download the Game Ready Driver, install Driver only and select “Custom” and then Clean Installation.

Thanks for that. Yes I uninstalled the Gforce Experience thing. I never knew what it was anyway. Getting rid of it made no diff.

Have you done a full uninstall of all of the Nvidia components? Select the clean option and it will require a reboot oc the pc.

I usually use DDU Display driver uninstaller for those kind of process as mentionned, require to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform the uninstall

If you are using the Game Filters in Geforce Experience then there is a known bug in the last few nVidia drivers that crashes some games. The last version that works is v528.49

1 Like

Well, It’s all a bit weird. I came to it this morning intending to select start in safe mode, but it never asked me the question. It just ran !
So I reckon I’m running in normal mode again. Don’t know how that happened…

1 Like

No… It’s back again. I’ve uninstalled all the Experience stuff and done an update to the latest driver. It lasted a minute this time and then crashed again.

As mentioned by @anon41762679 can you try the older driver. Nvidia introduced an AI component on their last few driver updates and its caused no end of problems.

Make sure your PC is running optimally and that all drivers are up-to date. Run Windows update.
Check system for malware. Try Microsoft Security Scanner.

If you are using FSUIPC, uninstall it and download the new version which was released this week.
Run a disk check and for good measure and system file checker. Temporarily disable your anti-virus and configure it to ignore all your MSFS folders through the options. Make sure Microsoft Visual C++ is up-to date and not corrupted. Deleted your DirectX cache using ‘Windows default Disk Cleaner’. Delete your Nvidia shader cache files, located in two folders. Do not delete the folders. You might get some stutters when you run the simulator as the shader cache builds. Disable any third-party add-ons, (simply rename your community folder with any add-on’s in and create a new empty folder and name it ‘community’.
Re-install your GPU driver. Check to see what applications are running in the background when running MSFS. Set all your MSFS graphics options to default temporarily and see what happens. Empty scenery cache.

What GPU are you using?

Charles.

This is all a bit too complicated for me to attempt. I just wanted to fly. It can’t be a driver problem. I have been using 522.25 dated 17.10.22 just fine on my RTX 2080i for 5 months.

AptUncle,

I am really sorry you are still having problems. What level of home computer skill do you have?
The steps you need to take in order to try and fix your issue with the simulator, are not too complicated.
Perhaps you could ask a friend to help you? Spend your time reading posts in this forum, and see how others have tackled similar issues. Move forward in small steps and try some of the suggestions to fix your issue, one bite at a time.

Above all, report your problem to Zen Desk.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Please let us know how you get on.

Best of luck.

Charles.

Zendesk is a good tip. Doing that today. If they don’t help, I’ll get my son to come round. He builds superfast PCs for fun.

1 Like

That sounds good. Sometimes ZenDesk reports back that the problem is solved when it is not. That happens because the issue may have been reported by someone else before you.

Charles.

I found the bloody thing was running DX12 Beta !. Went back to DX11 and everything looks fine now. Been flying for 40 mins with everything on Ultra :smiley:

DX12 does not run as Safe Mode.

Ignore.
Hel?, I don’t know why these old posts show up.