NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

Here is reverse thrust. “Neutral” is all that is needed to make this work. Ensure physical levers are at their idle position, then adjust Neutral so that the white dot appears on the centre line. If in doubt have it very slighly lower than the centre line as that will stop you from accidentally going into Beta.

Prop feathering I get SPAD to do the work.

Essentially the physical lever will go from 0 to 100, with 100 fully feathered. But in the sim it actually goes from 100 to -25, which is feather, and since the prop axes has no negative range you can never fully feather. SPAD detects when the physical lever is at 100, then sets that simvar to that really high number, which actually equates to -25 in that other simvar. Trying to manipulate that simvar directly this way doesn’t work, but this does. The 100ms delay was necessary as it would sometimes fail to go into feather, and this makes it reliable. For twins, have the same setup but for the the other axis, and the other simvar, so:

For condition, I just use the bog standard mixture axis:

The works for both pistons, and turboprops. From idle cutoff, as you advance the lever forward nothing will happen initially, but then at a certain point it will pop into lod idle. As you advance the lever further forward, again nothing will happen until another point is reached, then it will go into high idle.

I haven’t measure it exactly, but I would imagine its probaly 0-30 for idle cutoff, 30-60 for low idle, and 60-100 for high idle. There are some tiny differences per plane. For example, in some I have to bring the mixture lever back past the idle detent that exists for all 6 levers to go into cutoff. But in the Shorts, the idle detent is actually cutoff. It’s so exact I wonder if BBS used a TQ6+ during development. :slight_smile:

1 Like