NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

I have been a bit “Off grid” thislast six weeks or so and therefore dont know whether this has already made an appearance in the topic, but just seen a Youtube vid from one of my favoured creators. His other stuff is well worth looking at as well.

2 Likes

I agree. His videos are always very interesting. The timing of this is perfect too.

Really looking forward to these planes!

Will there be any gps-options or radios only?

Although the Shorts 330 / 360 was Rarely fitted with GPS or even Autopilot we will be fitting them …
The Autopilot will be the Collins FCS65 Combined Flight Director and AP but the GPS Will be
an (optional “clip on” device)

PLEASE NOTE : This has now changed to a Panel Mounted Garmin GPS400 (Still as an option)

before anyone asks the inevitable… No there will NOT be a GNS 530 or higher Option :slight_smile:

12 Likes

She’s on the way to me :smile:. What a crazy little box !

The Skyvan isn’t in this pack, so that one isn’t on the way I’m affraid :blush:

VASTLY Different aircraft … but a “possibility” for the future if there is enough demand

6 Likes

Just watched one come in for landing while walking my dogs, thats a sign, right?

3 Likes

8 Likes

Oh yes please! I see there are two on the Canadian register operating out of Brize Norton. :+1:

1 Like

Sure thing! I meant that she is coming to visit me in real life. I know it’s a different thing but it’s also a lovely box and strengthens my anticipation for the Shorts ! :grinning:

2 Likes

Speaking of which, any other products in mind after the Shorts are released?

Don’t distract him, he has to finish the Shorts first.

3 Likes

It’s just a question, if he doesn’t want to be “distracted” I’m sure he can answer that himself :wink:

I’d definitely buy both aircraft…as you said, vastly different and yet both are so cool.

I dont want to be distracted :laughing:

7 Likes

Understandable, no more distracting you LOL

1 Like

Skyvan - yes please!
The skydivers favourite jump ship:-)

You may consider this my official demand for a Skyvan; I’ve wanted a proper one for ages!

Some shots from tonight. those of you from the UK may remember the Datapost 360’s from “back in the day”.

7 Likes