NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

When you follow the Tutorial Flight (supplied) at what exact point does the AP Fail to turn on and how are you attempting to switch it on ?

I absolutely agree - this shouldn’t be necessary and certainly no change should be made to the base aircraft, any workaround should only be done with a user mod (which as you say is an issue with the Marketplace version)

But without a mod like this the plane isn’t usable in FSE at all, which is a pity.

We used to call it the flying caravan

2 Likes

Then surely you should approach FSE To ensure their code can accept Centre Tanks ?

3 Likes

It is working.: (being able to ‘alt click’ the weather radar into its own window… that can be dragged to another monitor).: in the 360… not working the 330 cargo…

The GNS530 has been around for over a quarter century… having a Shorts fitted with one, is very likely…

I can prob get the installed 400 to work via Spad… or set up a custom window with the GNS530…

I just bound B:Fuel_1_Condition_Lever_set and B:Fuel_2_Condition_Lever_set to the condition lever axis of my Bravo and gave the axis restraints from 0 to 1 and reversed it. 0 is flight and 1 is ground idle.

Then I bound

2 (>B:Fuel_1_Condition_Lever_set) and 2 (>B:Fuel_2_Condition_Lever_set) to the detents on button down and 1 (>B:Fuel_1_Condition_Lever_set) and 1 (>B:Fuel_2_Condition_Lever_set) on the respective keyup event. So now I have the detent for shutoff. As soon as I come out of the detent it is ground idle and over 50% on the axis is Flight Idle. So I can go between states without having to look or accidentally turning the engines off.

No need for vJoy or anything with Axis and Ohs

1 Like

What are typical cruise power settings? I’m now doing 1400 RPM with 97% gas gen, giving me 3200 lb ft torque.

They’re on page 17 of the tutorial in: Community\blackbox-shorts-regional\documents

perfectly adequate

1 Like

Ah I’m sorry for missing that. Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve been flying this 70’s bird so much, my co-pilot’s hair is turning psychedelic.

2 Likes

Thanks but this doesn’t work. I think my control settings are wrong. What happens:

I put throttles in reverse detent on my honeycomb bravo, this works and full reverse happens.

As soon as I take them out of reverse detent and into idle detent, the plane goes full power forward. So really full power. Nothing to stop this for a few seconds. Then it responds to my throttles again and goes back to idle.

How should I set up my throttles for a proper reverse? Can anyone else with correctly working reverse post their settings? Thanks!

Got it worked out… the popout window itself, for the installed 400… now contains the 530… so that window placed in my, FlightSimBuilder bezel, works with its 530 bindings…

:grinning:

1 Like

That then potentially breaks compatibility with other versions of the 360 in other sims.

Maybe the FSE board can be persuaded to add an alternative version of the 360 with the correct tank layout but that’s far from guaranteed which is why I’ve created a simple user mod that will get there plane usable with the minimum change.

Wouldn’t it add a new fuel tank layout to the existing ones, rather than replace an existing layout?

As long as you understand we can no longer offer support for the product as it is Altered :frowning:

We apologise for being the only accurate Sim then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once airborne at anypoint the AP generally doenst switch on at all, Yaw works every time but only twice now I have managed to fly with amy AP. I’ve been able to get ir to work those couple times by relently restarting the flight from the start

mmm do you perhaps have keybindings that may be interfering with it ?
What happens for example if you simply press “Z” Key ?
(Although the controller button on the pedestal is favourite)

Just flew a quick hop from Belfast to Dublin. (Retro delivery flight perhaps?) Hand Flew like a dream!

Hey rampy! How bout a pint of the black stuff?

Cheers!

1 Like