NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

Interesting that a high performance turbopropliner doesn’t have AP as standard configuration. Seems like the Fairchild Metroliner is also like that :thinking:

Nice of you to call the Shorts a “High Performance Turbopropliner” :slight_smile:

I think you will find its just a Garden shed with wings :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Going for the full Loganair complement there? :wink:

Really looking forward to the Xbox release

1 Like

This is great - thankyou. Have you find a way to make the pushback work? When I try it once the brakes are released the aircraft just jumps and pushback stops and equipment disappears.

I have trouble when I end reverse thrust. It wildly accelerated again when I set my throttles back to idle. I use the honeycomb bravo. I only have decrease throttle and hold reverse thrust enabled in the control bindings so I’m confused what happens.

Well if there was a nice ERJ 145 too… :grinning:

2 Likes

I second that, a 145 would be brilliant!

1 Like

After landing you should reset the condition levers to GND and Props to TAXI (full back but not into feather)

That’s a Dash 8 Q400 in the background, not a Saab, and I recognize it as a static model from fsimstudios I think. Majestic is making a Q400/Q300 (which will be excellent), while NegGen Sims who made the E110 is making a Saab 340/2000 (which I’m not sure about- maybe BBS would do a better job!).

Allegedly… from time to time I’m almost tempted to reinstall P3D just to fly this.

I think you’re right, looks a bit like a Saab 2000 from that angle.

Agree, if BlackBox did the Saab it will be an immediate buy, whereas based on the Bandit it would be an unlikely buy from NextGen unless they up their game significantly.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the help. I’ll try that!

Would it be acceptable if I made available a mod with a very small change to the fuel tank positions in flight_model.cfg allow the planes to be used in the Flight Sim Economy system ?
Note - I think the FSE config is at fault here but it seems unlikely to be changed in the short-term since they would probably break compatibility with other versions of the 330/360 in other sims.

(The change is just adding a +/-0.01ft shift to the X-axis on the fuel tank positions which is enough to convince MSFS to change the simconnect names for the tanks to the values FSE is expecting)

I do not understand why ?
the fuel tanks are positioned correctly for real world positions

(The change is just adding a +/-0.01ft shift to the X-axis on the fuel tank positions which is enough to convince MSFS to change the simconnect names for the tanks to the values FSE is expecting)

If you can explain clearly what the issue is it may not need a mod if its something we can do without affecting the General FDE , Weight and Balance… Plus this proposed MOD would Not be allowed in the Marketplace packages as they will be encrypted

The Flight Sim Economy client uses the tank names returned by simconnect to work out where to assign fuel when starting a flight.

The FSE config for the 360 is expecting tanks to be call Left Main and Right Main (presumably because this is how they were named in P3D/FSX versions of the plane) but with the tanks correctly on the Centre line in your version of the plane Simconnect names the tanks Centre and Centre 2 - so the FSE client doesn’t recognise the fuel tanks and the plane can’t be used.

By creating a mod with a tiny shift in the config (+/-0.01ft) that’s enough to get simconnect to call the tanks Left Main and Right Main and the FSE client to work again.

As I say it’s not a problem with the BBS plane, it’s a problem with the FSE config that doesn’t recognise the correct placements of the tanks and seems unlikely to be updated in the short term.

An add, to the “bug” (wish) list… I’m dedicating my learning/tweaking, to just one model (330 Cargo)…

For all of us with GNS530 hardware (I have FlightSimBuilder)… and have it all nicely bound in Spad… a 530 in the airplane would be really appreciated… if not that… then make the weather radar dockable/undockable, so we can at least display that on the little monitor, just sitting there, blank… It works in the 360, IIRC… but not the 330 Cargo…

Thanks … :slight_smile:

It was along a route between KROA and KCRW, the VORs were ROA, BKW, and HVQ. And I have the Navigraph sim navdata update, they do exist.

Hmm I do appreciate what your saying but the Shorts Aircraft do not have Left / Right Tanks
they are Both on the centreline above the cabin roof

Please explain … what isn’t working in the 360 ??

AND Sorry but with the greatest of respect the GNS 530 Was NOT Fitted to these shorts aircraft …
Your Lucky to even have an Autopilot LOL

2 Likes

I have an issue with the AP in the 360

I have followed the manuals watched all available videos on youtube and I have only once out of so far 4 flights managed to get the Autopilot to turn on, is it something i’m doing (or not doing) or is anyone else having this issue?

Question:

How is the cockpit configured in the 360s that Air Cargo Carriers fly in the US and Caribbean? I like simulating real flights so I wonder if those have a GNS400 or not and if they have autopilot or not to replicate how they are being flown today.

Thanks for the info!