Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 527.56.
You may want to specify which graphics card you are using the driver with when posting,
e.g. when discussing driver performance.
Game Ready for Portal with RTX
This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new games featuring NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Portal with RTX and updates for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Jurassic World Evolution 2.
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky 
- Games utilizing DLSS 3 may crash when ending a recording using Shadowplay or OBS with NVENC 
- Older versions of Minecraft Java Edition show corruption on screen 
- [Microsoft Surface Book 2] Display driver fails to install on GeForce GTX 1060 
- [RTX 4090] No display when hot plugging back and forth between DisplayPort and HDMI 
- Errors in Adobe Premiere and After Effects with H.264 and HEVC content 
- Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. 
- [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. 
- Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. 
- [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering 
- [Steam version] Forza Horizon 4 may freeze after 15-30 minutes of gameplay 
Here is the popular ‘slimmed down’ version of the 527.56 driver from Evil Toaster at Guru3D. The driver has had bloatware removed from it along with the G-Force Experience…
The Guru3d discussion thread for this driver…
For me the screen flickers since I started using this driver
For me as well. This driver gives major issues when using multiple monitors. Screen flickering and screen going black and not going back to normal. De-graded my gpu drivers to 522 and its fine now.
I was having long freeze period (1 min +), rolled back to 526.47
Something’s wrong with this version, indeed. Three monitors via HDMI, Ryzen 5900X + 3080Ti and after updating to 527.56 I’m noticing short 1 second stutters that happen occasionally in completely random parts of the game - it can be in hangar, it can be anywhere during flight.
It is a single short stutter, and it is not frequent nor constant, but happens at random intervals of between 10 - 20 seconds. It really gets on my nerves…I’m wondering what it might be, we’re having a lot of new features with DLSS3 and I kinda expected some bugs. :-/
I’m getting shimmering in the menus in VR with this driver - especially in the blue left hand listing of settings. Anyone else? DX12, clean driver install.
Fine on my system. Running a 3700X, 2070 super at 1440p HDR.
Using DX12 and DLSS balanced.
Thank you. But this is a VR issue for me. Flat screen is fine with 3080, i7 12700k.
Ah, yeah sorry didn’t notice you’d said VR in a previous post.
Since insraing this driver I have experienced major issues. Flights start off well with the frame rates, locked, at 30 FPS. The frame rates seem to decay slowly during the flight and I experience brief stutters when panning. If I pause the Sim for any length of time the Sim seems to become very stuttery, and on two occasions the frame rates reduce to almost single figures, and after leaving the Sim paused for two hours today the FPS reduced to 2…
After reloading the aircraft at the start up airfield, KSFO, the frame rates went back to 30 plus.
I’m going to revert to an earlier version of the driver now and see how that performs.
I’ve just recently bought a new custom 13900K, 4090 rig from PCSpecialist. I have this latest Nvidia driver installed, via Geforce Experience.
For some reason I cannot access DLSS. In MSFS it’s simply not an option in the aliasing menu, meaning I’m using TAA. I also have the same issue in Cyberpunk, With my old 3090 PC I could use DLSS in Cyberpunk but with my 4090 it’s permanently greyed out and I cannot enable, forcing me to use AMD 2.1 FSR.
I’m on Windows 11, which came preinstalled with the computer. In benchmarks on 3D Mark I’m scoring fine, with scores as expected, and my performance seems fine. It’s just a weird issue with DLSS not seeming to work in any game.