NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.18 Discussion

I have never been able to rid the simulator of the flickering effect. I have the same problem in American Truck Simulator too. Many people report this problem in many other games too.

There is an option to turn off 'Raymarched Reflections’ within the graphics settings of the simulator. I have a 1070 GPU, turning this option off stoped the flicker from airport roof tops on buildings that I could see in the distance however, this does not reduce the flicker of fences.

Charles

Instead, go to the official source to download DDU.
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.6.1 Released. | Wagnardsoft

No issues so far.
i9 13900K, RTX 3080, 32GB @3600, Windows 10 pro.

NVCP - msfs profile - prefer maximum performance

Driver 531.18. This is intended as a note for all of us who use multiple screens (my configuration: 4 screens (BS), of which 3 BS in NV, 1 BS mirrored.) Spent a lot of time after the update, everything is the same as before set up. There is obviously no *.ini or *.xlm file that saves.

Please can somebody explain the latest entry (Vulcan/OpenGL) in the Nvidia CP and what is the best setting here? I didnt saw this point before

ncp

Here is the popular CLEANED 531.18 Nvidia Driver from Guru3D. All the bloatware has been removed for you including G-Force Experience…

rtx3060(12GB), 5800X here.

This driver along with the DLSS 3.1.1 hack are giving me outstanding graphics with even a slight lift in performance. Clean install without GeForce as I always do and the only changes in NVCP are these for MSFS. In global NVCP settings I enable NIS with 13% sharpening but only when using custom desktop resolutions … Ultra preset in MSFS, DLSS quality with LOD and traffic adjusted to suit performance. I use 2880 x 1620 (+NIS) but other resolutions should see equally good results.

I forgot to mention I have a 32" HDTV as a monitor, for smaller 1080p screens the difference may not be quite as amazing.

1 Like

What is the dlss 3.1.1 hack ??

Was just going to ask this.

It’s not a hack, just this. And it works very well.

Same here. 531.18, constantly nvwgf2umx.dll crash down.

1 Like

I am not having this problem. Installed using my own cleaned version of the driver and after running DDU. All is gravy here…

Charles.

Anyone experiencing this issue with cpu spikes after exiting game?

1 Like

nope… but I would not wonder if nvidia again build in a bug with its Telemetry service :laughing:

Nope. MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4, i9 13900K, RTX 3080, 32GB @3200

No, 13700K 4080

Updated to 531.18 → got a FPS increase of 2-3 in 4k … no stutters, no c2d, everything fine.

If I do they’re doing a marvellous job :joy: … sim works great!

From the article:

“Higher CPU usage from NVIDIA Container may be observed after exiting a game.”

I definitely saw that last night. After a MSFS session I shut things down but noticed my fans were still running pretty loud. My PC usually cools down pretty quickly so I took a look at Task Manager and noticed that a process called NVIDIA Container was consuming a fair amount of energy.

Once I killed that things went to normal.

I haven’t had a chance to investigate further but now that I see this article I guess I know what might be happening.

1 Like

we speak about 10% CPU load ( if we read the original post and not the third re-poster ) , and I doubt that cause :

Exception may be a laptop, but thats for me per se not made for gaming and most of them sounds like an airjet if you open notepad.

1 Like

Nvidia are planning on releasing a Hotfix today that is supposed to address the high CPU usage.

4 Likes