NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.18 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 531.18.

Game Ready

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new titles supporting NVIDIA DLSS 3 technology including Atomic Heart and the closed Beta of THE FINALS.

Gaming Technology

Introduces support for RTX Video Super Resolution

Fixed Issues

• [Steam version] Forza Horizon 4 may freeze after 15-30 minutes of gameplay [3866530]
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 occasional stability issues [3934963]
  • Enable Dead Space Resizable Bar profile [3954048]
  • Adobe After Effects / Media Encoder – issues with ProRes RAW files [3957455] [3957469]
  • Adobe Premiere Pro application instability [3940086]

Known Issues

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [Halo Wars 2] In-game foliage is larger than normal and displays constant flickering [3888343]
  • [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
  • Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]

https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/531.18/531.18-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

4 Likes

Looks there to me.

3 Likes

Yes found it on the UK site but not on US:

I use the UK version anyway but just happened to have the US site bookmarked.

I installed 531.18 and did an hour’s flight in NZ, no problems at all. GPU temperature OK, no glitches. I have a modest setup Asus F15 laptop with RTX3060 GPU.

5 Likes

Driver 531.18 is working good for me on an EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

1 Like

Driver 531.18 causing nvwgf2umx.dll to crash. I had to remove it. RTX4090

4 Likes

That error seems to have happening for some time.
Maybe reporting it to Nvida would be more productive, I’m not sure…

Nvidia Forums from 2019: Error nvwgf2umx.dll

3 Likes

Hello everyone, have any of you tried the new “Super Resolution” setting? Greetings

If you mean Video Super Resolution? If so it’s only in Chrome/Edge.

I’ve tried it, I was actually pretty excited for it when they first announced it. I’m quite disappointed, GPU usage rises to the point that the fans turn on, for what seems very modest image quality gains. I’ve tried a bunch of real life and recorded youtube videos. I don’t think I’ll use it.

Tested two short flights and running very smooth with new drivers and default nvcp settings.

DX11
TAA
TLOD 100
OLOD 80

1440p 165 hz

RTX 2060 super
I7 10700
32 gb RAM @ 2666

NO changes in GPU temps.

I still have this flickering in fine details (fences, antennas and other objects that could cause moire effect). Tried to shut off the Anomorfic (yeah, spelling) filtering in game, and instead set 16X in NCP. It worked for a while, now I get flicker anyway. 2560 x 1440 TAA 100 % resolution.

Any ideas how to get rid of this?

Yes. I find some textures look awful using the nVidia special options. I go back to TAA and the textures stop moving and fluttering.

This especially obvious when over moving water. Or on the ground in grass or snow.

(4090 here btw).

…this is unfortunately with TAA. Fine details as well as lines in the displays (when not horizontal) is jagged and flickering…

1 Like

Driver 531.18 causing a blue screen in Windows 11 with 1050.
Going back to 528.49.

2 Likes

I have this problem as well. I’ve tried all kinds of settings to no avail. Certain lighting/time of day conditions make it better/worse.

For me it’s something to do with GeForce Experience game filters, if I try to use them I get pretty quick CTD. Leaving it off is fine. Tried DDU clean install etc but no use.

2 Likes

Same for me on 4070ti. Gone back to the previous driver - I knew I shouldn’t have updated but I wanted to try the Video Super Resolution

2 Likes

I tested 531.18 drivers in 3 flights and MSFS runs smooth as butter on my system.
No issues at the moment and no single stutter even with FSLTL.

Clean drivers install and cleaned DX shader cache
HAGS off
nvcp default settings.

MSI RTX 2060 super
i7 10700 @ 4,50 GHz
Windows 10

I don’t think there is any special way to deal with flickering of 3D models with dense fine lines at this time.
The only solution would be to increase the rendering resolution.

1 Like

NEW VERSION…

DDU