NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.61 Discussion

Nope 

I’d been having some CTDs with 531.41 so I thought I’d try 531.61 for a bit. Three flights, three different planes, three different airports, all CTDs after about 30 minutes in. I went back to 531.29 and it’s been smooth.

With every new release, they’re able to pull me back in. :frowning:

i9-10850K / 32 gig mem / Win 11 / RTX3070

4 Likes

Running DX12 and 531.61 here on an RTX 3090 with no issues.

1 Like

I always try out the new drivers and I always make a note of which driver I have found to be the best (performance and stability wise) so far.
It only takes me a few minutes to reinstall the previous driver if there are any issues with the latest ones.

Shame you can’t get it to remember your freestyle filter settings though, have to reset them every driver change or sim update.

Which is the less problematic, with less issues or more stable driver? 4 or 5 versions ago? (Counting the hot fix )

Could it be 28.24 or 28.49 versions?

The one before they introduced video upscaling which is, I believe, 28.49. At least thats the one I’m using and it works with filters

1 Like

Ah sure, I remember I went for the update because of that feature and actually rarely use it. But also remember some micro flickering introduced for my oled display in one of those versions. Going back to 49 or 24

Did you have an issues with the last driver before that?

528.49 is the one I’d return to if I encountered any problems.
But I’d guess it’s system specific as to which driver works best for you.

Nope. I do use clean drivers though…not sure if that makes a difference.

Off-topic

Couldn’t test Freestyle performance impact before, but just found out that 3 filters (Color, Exp/Contr and Details) result in 10% fps less.
That’s too much.

All of them with subtle adjustments to make more neutral color grading and just a bit more contrast separation. Details only has clarity at 30% the rest options at 0%.
And the rest are very basic adjustments MSFS needs, in my opinion.
A little bit of blue and a little bit of magenta, plus darker shadows and just a bit more of exposure.

All of that costing 10% fps less…

I think I’ll be fine with MSFS ColorGrading option off. Less saturation and little bit more realistic at least.
EDIT: gonna try reshade filters over freestyle and check if their impact is lower.

Driver 528.49 introduces Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]
I can’t afford that for DAW audio latency (adds pops and sound cracks). Version 531.61 still has the issue unsolved.

So the winner is 528.24

I do agree, 528.24 is the one whos working flawlessly for me.

4090 (FG on, DX12) + filters.

2 Likes

I limit my fps to 40 in game by using vsync at 33% of my 120Hz monitor refresh rate. I don’t find the filters (I use the same 3 you listed) have any effect on fps by doing that. I am still maintaining the 40fps and I don’t see the CPU or GPU usage any higher than without the filters.

I’m using a 2070 Super with an AMD Ryzen 3700x.

Interesting, neither on msfs’ fps counter? Filters off in an example 98-102fps. Filters on 87-89fps, at the very moment of applying them. I’m moving to the nvidia’s filters thread with my off topic.

Obviously as I am limiting the FPS I wouldn’t expect to see it drop unless the filters were adding enough load to the GPU to drop it below my 40fps.
I was looking at the CPU/GPU usage using Open hardware monitor and I couldn’t see any difference from there with filters on or off.

I’ll try without my fps limiting when I get a chance.

Same here 528.24 works flawless, but all the latest since crash system when flying.

Had one ctd on first dl all ok and flown for 1hr since then

I find the filters so interesting, I guess some of it is monitor dependent, but I always run -40% clarity and think the image looks so much better decreasing clarity rather than increasing it.

dang, for me crash .61, will test more tomorrow.