NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.79 Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver version 531.79.

Game Ready

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best gaming experience for the latest new games including Redfall featuring DLSS 3 technology. Additionally, this Game Ready Driver supports the launch of titles supporting NVIDIA DLSS 2 technology including Showgunners and the upcoming Diablo IV Server Slam.

New Games Supported By GeForce Experience’s Optimal Settings

• KovaaK’s
  • Summoners War: Chronicles

Fixed Issues

• [RTX 30 series] Application crash may be observed while playing Battlefield 2042/The Last of Us/Unreal Editor [4013983]
  • [Asus VG27WQ][Acer XV253Q] Highest monitor refresh rate is missing from the NVIDIA Control Panel after updating to NVIDIA display driver 531.41 [4072741]

Known Issues

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 may display flickering when staring at the sky [3858016]
  • Increase in DPC latency observed in Latencymon [3952556]
  • Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]

https://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/531.79/531.79-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

4 Likes

Crossing my fingers, toes, arms, legs and hair. Let’s hope this is the driver we have been waiting for… =) Edit: um…just read “Applying GeForce Experience Freestyle filters cause games to crash [4008945]”

2 Likes

Will be interesting to hear how it goes with DX12.

Why do they constantly release drivers with known core issues? I mean if you know about it, how about fixing it then releasing THAT version?!

4 Likes

Presumably because the fixes they included are important enough to push out now, and the others can be fixed later. The same question, and answer, can be applied to MSFS releases.

3 Likes

Keeps crashing my Nvidia 3080Ti on DX12 (Even with filters off) . I’m going back to 527.56. No problems at all with those. What a mess ! Same issues with the last 3 driver updates. Driver failure messages etc.

1 Like

Driver 531.79 is working good for me on my 2070 Super.
Only been testing for a couple of hours, but so far so good. :+1:

3 Likes

2080 Super. Just completed a short hop from Liverpool to Brussels in the A320Neo so far so good. About to attempt a slightly longer 3 hour flight. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Using the 531.29 with my 3060Ti, and it works well. Whats the difference between that and the 531.79 ?

1 Like

531.29 Release Notes.

531.79 Release Notes.

1 Like

Same here, my 2070 Super has been working well for the past few hours with 531.79. I’m using 3 of the freestyle filters (Colour, Brightness/contrast and details) . Not had any CTD’s
Haven’t got any figures to back it up but subjectively it feels like it’s running a bit better than previous drivers.
If it remains stable I’ll be keeping this one.

1 Like

Same here. If I don’t CTD, I’ll keep this one.
I’d bet there’s tweaks or bug fixes they do under the hood, that don’t make it into the release notes.

1 Like

I spoke to soon. 32 minutes in and the usual message. Sigh…

Here also crashing my Nvidia 3080 on DX12

1 Like

Just flew for about an hour…no problems here, though was having no issues with the last driver. DX11…will try later with DX12.

No issues here with DX 11 or 12. The previous Driver was also problem free on our system and
this latest 531.79 Driver seems to generate less heat.
Kind Regards to all. (FE 3090 ti)

Welcome !! barreld47

431.79 (and .68) has been crashing my RTX 3090Ti with complaints about the graphics driver. I’ve tried re-installs, clean and express, DX11 DX12 all continued crashing. I just went back to 531.29 and everything is stable again. Even using Nvidia’s “Optimal” settings and GeForce Experience. Something is buggy in the most recent Nvidia releases.

Does it still crash while using ReShade?

Let me know how the filters are going please…i use the brightness and contrast filters but they usually crash the sim.

No problems with filters for me so far with 531.79 on 2070 super.
I’m getting the impression it’s mainly the 30 or 40 series cards that get problems with the filters.